Contributor

I am so disappointed in the majority of the jewelry QVC has been showing lately.  Why is everything you search for a Judith Ripka piece?  She is a very nice lady, but her jewelry is not my style at all.  I don't care for the coiled edges she puts on everything and it's just not delicate looking to me.

Tried searching for a simple diamonique necklace - 20", 24" ... every single jewelry item is Judith Ripka?  Does anyone feel like i do, not in love with the Ripka line and longing to see other sterling silver/diamonique pieces?

Honored Contributor

I really like Judith Ripka's jewelry and have from the start BUT it's not exclusively what I love.  I have pieces from when she first came to QVC and there's a marked difference in quality from her products from then and what is being presented today.....

I love a lot of different styles, especially Carolyn Pollack, the lines from Israel, etc.  I also lke the Jai line but feel that Peter Thomas Roth's jewelry line looks like so many others and I'm not fond of a "Bamboo" -like design.  And the prices!  Wow, just not interested in paying that kind of money for jewelry right now.....   

But yes indeed, I find the hyper-promotion of JR's line to be too much.... JMHO... Woman Happy  

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Super Contributor

I so agree with you...I've completely stopped looking for Diamonique pieces for exactly the same reason.

Honored Contributor

I never buy JR jewelry, not my style.  I prefer Hagit.  Not sure how much longer they'll sell her jewelry either, since they rarely have her on. 

Honored Contributor

I've never been a Ripkanista.  In fact, I own just one piece from her massive collection.

But I also don't look at silver and diamonique and I no longer care to pay for the amount of gold I'd like to see in anything gold and diamonique or gold and any other stones.

What I'm seeing among my friends is less and less jewelry and when they do wear it, it's something they've had for a long time or it's something from a neighbirhood yard sale.  No wonder QVC and other jewelers are having tough times

Honored Contributor

Try looking for Bella Luce on JTV, beautiful pieces at great prices.

Occasional Contributor

There is 560 items under Diamonique brand, not J Ripka related. Go to Shop By Category --> Jewelry --> See All Brands --> Diamonique.

Honored Contributor

It's not the over abundance of Ripka jewelry on Diamonique searches, silver or any gemstone I search. I object to the changes in her style from the more simple & much more wearable pieces I purchased when she first came to the Q. She suggests that women keep these huge, Diamonique encrusted pieces on top of their dresser because they'll reach for them every day. Are these women "royalty", attending formal functions daily? I don't know who would wear this jewelry every day or ANY day.

Respected Contributor

Not really a fan of her line. Pretty formal for my lifestyle. And, her price tags are ridiculous for silver jewelry.

I do have two of her band rings though from a few years ago - one is London blue topaz and the other is Madeira citrine. Nice and simple - and no diamonique, not a fan of that either.

-Texas Hill Country-
Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

It's not the over abundance of Ripka jewelry on Diamonique searches, silver or any gemstone I search. I object to the changes in her style from the more simple & much more wearable pieces I purchased when she first came to the Q. She suggests that women keep these huge, Diamonique encrusted pieces on top of their dresser because they'll reach for them every day. Are these women "royalty", attending formal functions daily? I don't know who would wear this jewelry every day or ANY day.

I always think of most of her jewelry as "fantasy" jewelry for a life I don't live but wouldn't mind living a day of. The over the top embellishments and fake diamonds do not appeal to me. Her couture line was nice when I could buy it in Bloomingdales and Saks but it is long gone.