Honored Contributor

Joan Rivers jewelry fans and experts

Did Joan ever do any sterling silver pieces?

Respected Contributor

Re: Joan Rivers jewelry fans and experts

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

Did Joan ever do any sterling silver pieces?

@Group 5 minus 1 

Yes she did.  In nearly 30 years as a jewelry dealer selling vintage and new, I've never seen a single piece however.

Trusted Contributor

IIRC there was a sterling bee to commemorate an anniversary.  

Respected Contributor

Ladies....her jewelry silver or not is worth a few bucks.

I sold a pair of her earrings for 2-3 times what I could remember paying for them.  Granted they were new in box but still.   Also, remember when Ivana Trump's jewelry was being sold, that brought a respectable amount of money too.

Honored Contributor

@rockygems123   I sped past a couple hundred of the listings on eBay for her jewelry. No sterling in what I looked, but there are over 28,000 items for sale so maybe if someone really really really cared, they might find one.

BTW Only Joan's Christmas eggs don't have huge competition.  Many sets of 4 are selling for $39 with some higher.  Shipping on those sets coming in at just under $12.00.   I do not remember what I paid, but not that much.  

Trusted Contributor

I believe Joan's daughter had a sterling silver line on QVC at one point.Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@RealtyGal2 wrote:

I believe Joan's daughter had a sterling silver line on QVC at one point.Smiley Happy

I think you are correct.  Melissa had her own line for a short time.  I enjoyed watching Joan but never had any luck with her jewelry. (her chains turned my neck green and her watches were too heavy for the clasps) I only remember Joan selling fashion/costume jewelry.

Respected Contributor

J-34451-I, the Joan Rivers Sterling Anniversary Bee Pin, is the only Joan piece in sterling that I'm aware of. 

J-34451.jpg