Occasional Contributor

Joan Rivers jewelries are not the same anymore! Too simple, no magic like before!

I am a BIG Joan Rivers fan and her jewelries! been collecting it since she first got on QVC.  Her jewelry used to be so grand, so full of magic that has vintage inspirations from all eras mix with her own personal collections.  They were full of details, just so wonderful to look, and wear.  Do you guys also feel that now her jewelry collection are just so "simple" almost look like any brand and didn't scream "Joan River" ?! 

Go look at Joan's jewelry page on QVC, all those danty, so call "Modern" looking earrings, necklaces... it looks like you can get it from Target.  Is it just me or you guys also had the same disappointment on Joan's current jewelry collection? 

It seems like they are more focusing on developing her fashion line than her jewelry collections. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Joan Rivers jewelries are not the same anymore! Too simple, no magic like before!

Everything changes.  Joan is no longer with us and evidentially they want to focus on the fashion.  Too bad her daughter did not try to build up the jewelry line.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Re: Joan Rivers jewelries are not the same anymore! Too simple, no magic like before!

I've  bought many of her older pieces on eBay.  There's usually a huge selection.  I don't bid, just use "buy it now".

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Back in the "good old days"when I still religiously watching QVC and one day Joan Rivers commented that her jewelry was available on Ebay.  That was the last piece of Joan's that I bought from Q,but I bought many more of hers from Ebay.  I've saved a lot of money by changing WHERE I purchased.

Respected Contributor

You can also find Joan River jewelry on Etsy!

Occasional Contributor

Yes, I also got many Joan's jewelries from ebay, too. the reason I bought from ebay is because those pieces are from glory days of Joan's jewelry collection.  Just look at Joan River's jewelry section on QVC..... they lost that certain magic, the luxurious, opulence, full of intricate enamels, crystals details.  These new designs looks like you can get it from the mall store "Claire's" and "Forever 21" ! 

I love QVC and still buys lots of stuff from them, but please, bring back the opulence designer aesthetics back to Joan River's jewelries! and more pins! especially bee pins.

Joan Rivers jewelry.jpg

Honored Contributor

The Joan Rivers line is keeping up with jewelry trends.  Less is more.  Remember when Joan was at the forefront of those huge chunky statement necklaces?  All those big ceramic and resin flowers up at the neck?  Not many are buying those anymore. 

But they are sure to come back in style one day, just like all fashion and accessories.

Time and syles change.

Honored Contributor

@PugLady123I never had a magical experience with Joan's jewelry and that goes all the way back to sometime in the 1990's.  I did try a few pieces -  returned a set of beads which fell apart as I opened them, a set of earrings which were cheaply made ....

I do have one bee I like and a few of her eggs -  but I long ago donated most of them as well as all the chains that came with them.

My favorite Joan purchases were her holiday eggs, never her jewelry or clothing.

Esteemed Contributor

Years ago, Joan offered a selection of Victorian pins. They were delicate, nicely made, and detailed. I still have them. They were the opposite of the heavy, cheaply made stuff that QVC has offered over the last several years. I haven’t bought any of it.

Trusted Contributor

@Vivian wrote:

Years ago, Joan offered a selection of Victorian pins. They were delicate, nicely made, and detailed. I still have them. They were the opposite of the heavy, cheaply made stuff that QVC has offered over the last several years. I haven’t bought any of it.

I have those Victorian pins too.  They're lovely.  But since I hardly wear jackets or blazers anymore, I don't have occasion to wear them.   My favorite pieces of Joan's Classics line are her pearls.  I have every length she offered with earrings to match.  The pink shade is still my favorite.  I still wear all of the studs.