Trusted Contributor

Joan Rivers Starlet Necklace

Hi All, Need some advice. I recentlt caved and ordered the chambray and pink/mint necklace. How and with what do I wear a necklace like this? TIA-Magpie

Trusted Contributor

Re: Joan Rivers Starlet Necklace

Anybody???

Respected Contributor

I think it would like nice worn with a white or chambray oxford type shirt and jeans or a jeans skirt or with a solid color sleeveless sheath, maybe a pink or gray or black one.

Respected Contributor

Good choice! I love that necklace too (the pink one! oooooooo). Since it's such a starlet  I'd go with a simple solid dress like this from Soft Surroundings and let it shine.

Amalfi Dress

Honored Contributor

Image result for Joan Rivers Starlet Style necklace + pink/blue

@Allthingsgirly67

I think you got fewer responses because this is posted in jewelry, and not in the fashion forum.  Without knowing your fashion personality, it's hard to say what you would feel comfortable in, but I'll give a few suggestions of what I would pair with it.

For the chambray one, any type of denim would go well, like a skirt and tee/tank with a pair of sandals.

You could also do a printed skirt and a cardigan, like this one-

I also like denim on top with white or colored bottoms-

You could do a striped bottom and simple top, like these-

Or a patterned bottom-

Esteemed Contributor

I bought the Starlet necklace in shades of turquoise, pink, gray, and off white so it's basically pastel colors. The necklace is quite substantial, it's much bigger in person including the center flower than it looks on TV or in photos. I would make it a centerpiece and wear it alone without any other competing jewelry. I think a solid colored top would suit it the best.

Occasional Contributor

Hi Magpie4

Where did you buy the Chambray necklace?  I'm looking for one.

Your post was 06-08-17, and I haven't seen the Chambray this year on the Joan River's Show.

Miss Money Penny

Honored Contributor

i own five of these necklaces and still want more. they are STUNNING.  i recommend simple styles and colors. i wear a column of one color and then use this as the outstanding accent piece. they really work well with all black or all white or all gray, depending on which necklace you choose.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Valued Contributor

I hope the chambray comes back, also.  I should have jump on it when it was available.  

Respected Contributor

Check ebay for any Starlets you missed or are discontinued. They show up and sell fast so do a save search on them and you get notified when the color you want gets listed. There is a blue one there now (chambray?).