Super Contributor

Joan Rivers Private Collection

David Dangle on his Facebook page has a video in which he is looking at items of jewelry which may be coming to QVC.  In it are the eggs Joan used to bring to the Q.  There is also a "complete" necklace that might be her original Countess of Romania necklace which was Joan's inspiration.  I remember how quickly they would sell out.  I only have one or two of the eggs and the special "tree" that was once offered on which to display them. I am very excited to see what David will bring to the June show.

Super Contributor

Re: Joan Rivers Private Collection

I guess I was so excited I over-anticipated the possibility of seeing the Russian style eggs return to QVC.  I watched the video again, and it was showing jewelry for 2018, not this year.  I must be patient, and I'm still looking forward to the June show of jewelry from Joan's Private Collection.

Esteemed Contributor

@JCath, are they still doing a lot of jewelry in Joan's line.  I am Canadian.  She was always on our Canadian shopping channel with great pieces.  I have many I bought years ago.  Her pearl and beaded necklaces were beautiful.  I get compliments every time I wear them.

I don't watch TSC anymore but when I go online to look, there isn't much there.  I think I also heard the quality was not as good.  Joan would not be happy!  LM

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I love all her Ciner brooches they make such a statement! Some Faberge egg  pin would be ideal.🌻

Esteemed Contributor

@JCath wrote:

David Dangle on his Facebook page has a video in which he is looking at items of jewelry which may be coming to QVC.  In it are the eggs Joan used to bring to the Q.  There is also a "complete" necklace that might be her original Countess of Romania necklace which was Joan's inspiration.  I remember how quickly they would sell out.  I only have one or two of the eggs and the special "tree" that was once offered on which to display them. I am very excited to see what David will bring to the June show.

I wonder if the Joan Rivers company would run into trademark and copyright problems if they start reproducing Faberge inspired eggs and jewelry again. I recently read an article on the Fashion Law website about the Faberge company and it owns the trademarks to Faberge. That company has made Faberge jewelry since 2009.

http://www.thefashionlaw.com/home/who-doesnt-love-faberge-eggs?rq=Eggs

Esteemed Contributor

@Lilysmom wrote:

@JCath, are they still doing a lot of jewelry in Joan's line.  I am Canadian.  She was always on our Canadian shopping channel with great pieces.  I have many I bought years ago.  Her pearl and beaded necklaces were beautiful.  I get compliments every time I wear them.

I don't watch TSC anymore but when I go online to look, there isn't much there.  I think I also heard the quality was not as good.  Joan would not be happy!  LM

I'm in Canada too and I would say that QVC has cut down on the amount of Joan Rivers jewelry. There's a lot of it "as is".

For Americans who don't know, The Shopping Channel in Canada has rebranded themselves this month and now call themselves TSC, short for Today's Shopping Choice. The new company president, Anne Martin-Vachon is an ex-HSN CMO or chief marketing officer. She's been at the helm of TSC since last August. Basically she's copying the HSN selling techniques.