Respected Contributor

Re: Jill Bauer debuts silver jewelry line

Wow--looks like a total copycat model of what Lisa Robertson produces--both, of course,  also building on their many years at QVC.

I think being "retired" and trying to create these little shopping online platforms is extremely challenging in this day and age.  The logistics of running a company, shipping, inventory, budgets, payrolls, taxes, etc., are much more complex than just acting like a host and trying to persuade people to buy something.

I know Michael V. tried it for a while, and now he is selling his jewelry on HSN.

I wish her well, but I think she is scrambling to find a paycheck right now, and perhaps should try to focus on something that is more steady.

Honored Contributor

@silkyk wrote:

I always enjoyed the silver shows she did with Joseph Esposito. Lovely quality silver items that I still wear and treasure. Hope she adds his designs if possible to her offerings.

My best guess is that Jill will not be offering ony of Joseph's jewelry.  He got caught and was arrested due to his drug activity a few years ago.

I suppose the money he has made from his jewelry was not enough.

Esteemed Contributor

@banned again wrote:

QVC100.png

18 APRIL 2021

Photo shop frenzy!  (look at the eyes)

This seems bizarre to me, but of course, good luck, Jill.

Cogito ergo sum
Esteemed Contributor

When your contract runs out and you don't have a job you have to do what is best suited to your talents.  This major cooperation did not squash an over 50 talented woman who loved and was very loyal to her employer.  Hopefully she will thrive and be successful for a long time.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good luck to her!

I'm so glad she didn't feel the need to put her name on the face of the watch she is selling (unlike LR). Smiley LOL

Honored Contributor

This could be just a bad camera angle.  I have had cataract surgery and notice my creepy looking eyes in certain photos, even some looks in mirrors look strange.  The light is reflecting off the new lens in your eye.  Another point, I doubt if she is hiring all employees for warehousing, shipping and payroll.  There are companies that can do this for you. 

Respected Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

@silkyk wrote:

I always enjoyed the silver shows she did with Joseph Esposito. Lovely quality silver items that I still wear and treasure. Hope she adds his designs if possible to her offerings.

My best guess is that Jill will not be offering ony of Joseph's jewelry.  He got caught and was arrested due to his drug activity a few years ago.

He did his time (just like Martha and lots of other famous folks) and now it's all legal anyway so why hold the past against him? Everyone has a past with mistakes in it. I didn't bring that up because it's not my business. His jewelry was EXCELLENT, some of the finest ever offered on Q, and I wish he would get his company producing fine silver jewelry again and that Jill would offer it. Now I find his pieces on ebay. I think I'll request this to Jill.

Respected Contributor

Guess i am out of touch.  She is doing what all the old hosts do, trade off their following and sell something. I buy a product or service becuase i like it, not because i like the seller.  In her case i don't see anything that is interesting. 

Trusted Contributor

I think it looks like she's doing great.  The number of her FB followers has really gone up since the last time I was there.  She has the Today show appearance, the Scott Brothers ambassador, her website is very well done, and now the jewelry. I look better in gold, but am tempted by the Claudia Agudelo floral hoops.  

Honored Contributor

@silkyk wrote:

@Carmie wrote:

@silkyk wrote:

He did his time (just like Martha and lots of other famous folks) and now it's all legal anyway so why hold the past against him? Everyone has a past with mistakes in it. I didn't bring that up because it's not my business. His jewelry was EXCELLENT, some of the finest ever offered on Q, and I wish he would get his company producing fine silver jewelry again and that Jill would offer it. Now I find his pieces on ebay. I think I'll request this to Jill.

Ah no, he did not do his time.  He pleaded guilty in a plea bargain for no jail time.  He was arrested for running a drug operation.  He is still under probation.  He a  light sentance because of his ties to certain people and his large donations to certain groups.