Valued Contributor

Occasionally I watch QVC jewelry shows. I purchase a Jai ring couple of months ago,and gave it to my sister.

I stop ordering when Barry Cord left. I love watching Jewelry shows it's,like watching a movie.Jai in my opinion is closer to John Hardy Jewelry. Personally when ordering jewelry TJMaxx and Neiman Marcus Last Call on my go-to.

That being said,today while watching Jai this afternoon there was too much banner. Let the artist give his interpretation to why he designs or the inspiration for his designs. Hosts can give the jewelry dimensions and prices

As far as hosts I don't watch enough to have a favorite. But  I can say ,2 hosts were not needed.

Valued Contributor

Barry Cord?

Super Contributor

I Berry has passed on.

Valued Contributor

Yes, that's what I thought.  He passed away years ago.

Honored Contributor

@GRACIE wrote:

Occasionally I watch QVC jewelry shows. I purchase a Jai ring couple of months ago,and gave it to my sister.

I stop ordering when Barry Cord left. I love watching Jewelry shows it's,like watching a movie.Jai in my opinion is closer to John Hardy Jewelry. Personally when ordering jewelry TJMaxx and Neiman Marcus Last Call on my go-to.

That being said,today while watching Jai this afternoon there was too much banner. Let the artist give his interpretation to why he designs or the inspiration for his designs. Hosts can give the jewelry dimensions and prices

As far as hosts I don't watch enough to have a favorite. But  I can say ,2 hosts were not needed.

I totally agree with you.  Why they have Pat & Jayne doing this show is very distracting.  If one isn't rushing Scott the other one is.  They didn't show any of the rings up close at the last second they did show one on the model.  It's a train wreck.

Honored Contributor

I just posted on another thread that Pat and Jayne are ruining this JAI show.  This format is awful.

Valued Contributor

To my knowledge Barry Kieselstein Cord is not dead. Mr. Cord is a jewelry designer,artist,and Photographter.Check wikivisually for more information.His jewelry line was started in 1972. His jewelry was substantial and very well designed.He also one-of-a-kind pieces of jewelry.

Frequent Contributor

are you thinking of Scott kay , he died a few years ago, Im a big fan of his work.

Valued Contributor

@D Kay After researching Mr Barry Cord born on 11/06/1948 is not dead.

But Jai jewelry show this afternoon is a tragedy.After 30 minutes I turn off this mess. Congrats to those who love watching a tragedy.

Respected Contributor

I don’t know why they even had the poor model there.  They almost never showed what she was wearing and when they did it was terrible shots.  As far as the banter i enjoyed it.  I have heard Scott’s stories too many times.  The pieces could have been presented in one hour if they had cut his stories and focused on the details of the pieces and how they fit etc.