Honored Contributor

My pet peeve is that they don't give diameter measurements for bangles.

Honored Contributor

One of my pet peeves not only in jewelry but fashion as well, is when the Host and the Model decide to wear the same color. I want to see gold & silver or other colors on a real person.

Super Contributor
On 7/7/2014 sciencegeek said:

My biggest pet peeve for jewelry shows is when the host harps on something looking just like a colored diamond. Complete BS.

Yellow fluorite does NOT look like a yellow diamond. Blue topaz does NOT look like a blue diamond. Garnet does NOT look like a red diamond. Amethyst does NOT look like a purple diamond.

I know the word "diamond" is a magic word in the jewelry world. That's why so many pieces have a tiny crummy quality diamond added to them, so they can be called a diamond-accent piece. I can't tell you how many pieces of jewelry I have refused to buy because the quality of that accent destroys the look of the piece.

I love richly colored semi-precious stones. But let me love them for what they ARE instead of trying to convince me about what they are NOT.

Very well said "Geek". Those stones look nothing like diamonds and that's OK!! I myself prefer colored stones too. I just cant get enough of all the gorgeous colors in the gem kingdom. {#emotions_dlg.w00t}

We all have two lives. The second begins when you realize you only have one - Confucius
Super Contributor
On 7/7/2014 Ribby said:

I usually watch the videos online. I swear you'd think I was watching p orn the way I keep talking to the screen, "Come on, show IT, already!" {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

{#emotions_dlg.laugh} I've done that! I think the hosts are the ones saying "no close ups!"

Honored Contributor

My current pet peeve is what they're doing to Vicenza... Got an email about 'new fine Italian jewelry' and it looks to be more of the same low-end stuff they were pushing out there in Italy ... More crystals and more Diamonique... I mean really, when did Vicenza become yet another line of fake diamond and low-end gemstone jewelry? Honestly, I guess THIS is now what the Vicenza line has become. And another one bites the dust...

A more long standing pet peeve is when the host talks incessantly about a ring but never puts it on... Seeing it briefly on a model with a limited close-up view isn't as effective as having the host just put the ring on their finger and present it...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

Men showing off ladies' jewelry--as in putting a ring on a pinkie. Total turn off. Why have models. They could the JTV thing and just use a hand model. (They used to do that. You wouldn't see the person's face--just the closeups on the hand.)

Valued Contributor

This goes for all shopping channels. Show the front,back,under gallery of all jewelry.When available the gram weight also.

Honored Contributor

Irritates me when the models with this big ol' mass of long thick hair are modeling earrings. By the time they poke their fingers up there to push back all that hair the camera has moved on and I miss the close up. aackkkkkkk !!!!

Super Contributor

When presenting earrings, and during the entire jewelry show, keep the hair out of the way so we can see BOTH earrings. Very annoying when the hair covers the merchandise.

Also agree with many of the other pet peeves mentioned so far.

Esteemed Contributor

I wish once in awhile the models would wear normal clothes. They all dress up like they are going to a cocktail party. Is that how we are supposed to dress when wearing the jewelry? LOL?

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead