Respected Contributor

I have two pet peeves in regard to jewelry shows, in no particular order!

One is taking a call and the camera is on the host talking instead of the piece of jewelry.

The other happened this morning with Nancy and Affinity Diamond show. That is talking about one piece of jewelry and WEARING more than one piece. There is a bracelet I am interested in for my daughter. It is a silver angel wing on a leather bracelet. I have gotten her other pieces from this line and am considering the bracelet.

So Nancy is mostly modeling the bracelet, and on her wrist, another very sparkly, distracting piece from the line. It is hard to concentrate on the one I am interested in due to extreme distraction from the other piece. She does it with rings too.

Put on 50 pieces for all I care. But, if you are the main model, ONE AT A TIME.

Hyacinth {#emotions_dlg.mad}

Super Contributor

My biggest pet peeve for jewelry shows is when the host harps on something looking just like a colored diamond. Complete BS.

Yellow fluorite does NOT look like a yellow diamond. Blue topaz does NOT look like a blue diamond. Garnet does NOT look like a red diamond. Amethyst does NOT look like a purple diamond.

I know the word "diamond" is a magic word in the jewelry world. That's why so many pieces have a tiny crummy quality diamond added to them, so they can be called a diamond-accent piece. I can't tell you how many pieces of jewelry I have refused to buy because the quality of that accent destroys the look of the piece.

I love richly colored semi-precious stones. But let me love them for what they ARE instead of trying to convince me about what they are NOT.

Super Contributor
On 7/7/2014 hyacinth003 said:

Put on 50 pieces for all I care. But, if you are the main model, ONE AT A TIME.

The shows are already slow as molasses in January.

Besides, sometimes they'll be selling one thing, but I like something else the host is wearing.

Put it all on, look like a Christmas tree, and just remove the items that sell out. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Super Contributor

There is no point having a presentation if they're not going to showcase the item. It baffles me why they yap to callers (about how much their dog loves QVC) and don't at least do a camera close up on the item in the meantime.

Or show the model wearing the earrings, from a distance of 20 yards. You can't even see if they're silver or gold at that distance.

Or have an item that's available in different sizes, like 1" or 2" hoop earrings, and only show one size on a model.

Respected Contributor

We're just DUMB viewers and potential customers, aren't we?

Hyacinth {#emotions_dlg.w00t}

Respected Contributor
The hand waving when showing a piece of jewelry drives me crazy. Let me see it! Lol. Also, chit chatting about anything but the product in general.
Contributor

I can't stand it when they talk on and on about a piece of jewelry and when they finally show it up close, they're holding it between their fingers without putting it on. I've got to see it on a real-live person's body! And not for 10 seconds either!

I usually watch the videos online. I swear you'd think I was watching p orn the way I keep talking to the screen, "Come on, show IT, already!" {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Super Contributor

Show the models for more than 20 seconds! QVC has live models - why not show how the jewelry looks on a person rather than on a jewelry display case. Also, showing how it looks on the model from a distance is okay, but pan in also, ie earrings - they show a full body shot. Yes, she has on the earrings, but a facial view would be more appropriate I think. With the full body, I can tell she has on earrings, but its so far away those earrings could not could not be the ones currently being presented. You have models - use them!

Super Contributor

Also, not including videos of items that are presented. Right now I'm contemplating buying some earrings from Antonellas Steel by Design show: http://www.qvc.com/Steel-by-Design-Twisted-Crystal-Hoop-Earrings.product.J293731.html?sc=J293731-24...

They were presented yesterday, but there's no video of the presentation. I don't get this at all.

Respected Contributor

I don't really like it when the host forgets to talk about the details of the item.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder