New Contributor

I was wondering if QVC is doing their jewelry remote from Italy this year?  I feel ike it was in the summer in years past...but hadn't heard or seen any promos for it.  Does anyone know?  Thanks!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Jewelry remote from Italy?

With all the jewelry show cut backs, we are lucky to see jewelry at all anymore.  Sad.

Honored Contributor

@horse55 

There's no remote location jewelry show this year.  There was a thread about this a couple of months ago, and the QVC mods confirmed it, no.  QVC's gold show last month was in place of a remote show.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Q cancelled their August gold day too.  The schedule shows about 2-3 hours of gold that day.  The last time I watched Q was on their January gold day.    

Their jewelry sales are down and it's because they offer a lot of j.u.n.k!  Even the gold they have has been totally dumbed down to cheap cheap cheap.   

Esteemed Contributor

I used to love their Gold Rush and Silver Strike days.  I taped them to watch on the weekend.  Sad that they are being eliminated.

Valued Contributor

As I've mentioned in other threads before, if jewelry sales are down it is totally QVC's fault.  They don't offer good prices, interesting new designs and styles, and only expensive designers.  We don't have the likes of Silver Style, at least on prime time Sunday morning routinely, no artisan crafted like Suarti, no good diamonique designers (like wow I'm at a loss, but I'm sure ya'll good faithful QVC shoppers know who I mean, famous bridal designer), no one like Joseph Esposito, Lee Sands for costume, etc.  Even if these folks are no longer in the business, I'm sure there are plenty more where they came from.  Other t.v. retailers are still finding interesting and affordable designers.  I don't think QVC wants to be in the jewelry business for whatever reason and are using low sales as an excuse.  Low sales, QVC, because you are not offering new, affordable and stylish jewelry with variety of designers.  You devote all your time to Judith Ripka and old design diamonique, or boring discounted gold from years gone by.