Respected Contributor

Re: Jewelry organization?

[ Edited ]

I keep silver pieces and fashion pieces in two different jewelry armoires, one in master bedroom, one in spare bedroom.

Gold pieces are stored in fireproof safe in stackable plastic containers lined with felt. Necklaces are organized by length, bracelets from skinny to wide. Rings are in ring box. Earrings on plastic tree that has 5 slide out sections.

I use safe deposit box for the very special pieces that I wear only for the occasional wedding or dress-up event. 

Valued Contributor

So many great ideas! Thanks for taking the time to reply with your storage suggestions! 

Honored Contributor

@CalminHeart wrote:

I have a couple of Lori Grenier's jewelry boxes from 15-20 years ago.  They are 18" long, 11" wide and 4" deep.  They have trays with small square sections that are removable and sit as the top shelf.  The bottom shelf has an assortment of divided areas.  One is black lacquer and one is oak. I haven't seen her sell these in a good 15 years and wish she'd bring them back.

@CalminHeart

I had the oak one and loved it, but it finally got worn inside after many years of use. I saw one on eBay a few years ago, but the bidding was too high for me. 

Honored Contributor

I bought Prestige boxes in black from HSN a few years ago. They have a tarnish free lining. Since they are all the same dimensions, they stack on top of each other. I have more necklaces than anything so bought 3 boxes just for necklaces: one for costume, one for sterling, & one for yellow gold. I also bought a box with larger compartments for bracelets and more necklaces, and another box with ring rolls and smaller compartments for rings and brooches. I do not wear earrings. 

Valued Contributor

@patbz wrote:

@AuntMame:I usually use a polishing clothe  or Windex.

Thanks, Patbz! Woman Happy I never thought of Windex and will give that a try. 

Trusted Contributor

I just bought a large jewelry box from Colleen on HSN to house my Bali pieces.  I hope they all fit!

I have way too much jewelry and need to cull it down one of these days.  I have an over-the-door jewelry armoire and two floor standing armoires.  The rest of my jewelry is in various jewelry boxes with clear lids. 

I like to group my jewelry, for instance, rings, in a ring box by color.  I also like to group sets of jewelry together.

Honored Contributor

I have professional jewelry trays purchased from jewelry supply catalogues (you can also find lucite, divided trays meant for makeup at TJ Maxx, etc.). Your mall jewelry store may also order them for you.

Mine are lined w/ with non-tarnishing silver cloth and some are divided into small squares for earrings, some in longer rectangles for necklaces and bracelets and some large, undivided squares for bangles, watches, etc. I measured my dresser drawer and the trays and mapped it out on graph paper before ordering. All jewelry can be spotted easily.

There’s a tray and glass bowls on top of my dresser for wedding rings, bracelets and watch that I wear every day.