Valued Contributor

Please give your best tips for jewelry organization/storage! Do you organize by type, color, designer, suites, style? Thanks for your ideas!

Honored Contributor

Bracelets in one  place, rings in another etc

Honored Contributor

I store by metal, then type.

Respected Contributor

@barb40 wrote:

Please give your best tips for jewelry organization/storage! Do you organize by type, color, designer, suites, style? Thanks for your ideas!

Separate cases for rings, earrings, bracelets, and necklaces.  Within the case they are separated by metal type and then stone color. I also group by designer if there is enough room.  I do have some items that I wear everyday stored in a see through jewelry case that hands on a door. 

Honored Contributor

I have 2 Lori Grenier jewelrysmall cabinets which I really like. One is for all silver metal and one is for colored things.

Also one of her ring and earring cases.

Any designers and very special ones in another box.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

I have a clear lucite earring holder with cover from  QVC  Lori Greiner (sp?)  I just bought one specfically for posts from Amazon.

then I have a beautiful standing jewelry box for everything else.

Respected Contributor

DH got me one of those cabinets that hang on the back of our bedroom door. Has a mirror and inside lots of storage space. Works for me. 

Esteemed Contributor

I'm not organized at all, except for the organization provided by Colleen Lopez's jewelry cases. I have several of them and keep my favorite pieces in one of them on top of my dresser. I love her jewelry cases - they're reasonable in price, attractive and come in options that work for most all of my jewelry.

Respected Contributor

for the better stuff, i have many hanging jewelry cabinets (over the door armoire, and wall mounts) one for pearls, one gemstones, one silver,one turquoise and one gold. rolling tool chest for good earrings, bracelets and pendant pieces. most of the fashion necklaces are colorized, and i have lots of tabletop earring type holders for most of the fashion earrings. and a tree thing for assorted fun type bracelets. whew! i got alot of stuff!!

Esteemed Contributor

I use plastic tackle boxes and put them in various drawers and cabinets in my bedroom.  I like that sometimes I can stack them three deep.All the jewelry I wear is now silver and mainly NA.  I usually have a "go to" tackle box in my bathroom drawer and occasionally I'll exchange it with another of my tackle boxes.