Valued Contributor

Jewelry on QVC just lost out big time

With the decision to let Antonella Nestor go, jewelry shows on QVC  will now be hum drum. Not only did Antonella know her stuff (and this was verified by the obvious liking of the vendors toward her) but she presented jewelry beautifully. She looked good and knew how to show us just what we wanted to know. Or ask the questions. QVC  has made a huge mistake

Honored Contributor

Re: Jewelry on QVC just lost out big time

@Whosits    I wouldn't brag that QVC jewelry shows have been a raging success with or without Antonella for years.  I think the overpriced, outdated styles have been dismal, something for which a host can't compensate.  She was a good presenter but so were several other hosts.  I think the buyers were the culprits.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

Well here's one that will NOT be watching/BUYING anymore jewlery shows period.  I bought some very expensive pieces due to Antonella presenting, and consider it OVER.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

QVC appears to have little or no interest in selling fine jewelry. I also think that women are a lot less interested in buying jewelry in this covid-19 world. I have nowhere to go and don't even have reason to wear most of the jewelry I already have. I'm not sure who is buying at this time.

Esteemed Contributor

Either the quality (thin chains break with a wink) or Judith R's oversized gaudy selection drove me from watching and buying.  I would never - never - buy something just because i liked the host.  That would be really dumb.

Esteemed Contributor

I really enjoyed Antonella's fun personality and the genuine, infectious passion she shared when she got to present something she loved, like jewelry. She will be missed. But I'm hoping the Q keeps Nancy Hornback around and lets her go back to taking a lead position in presenting jewelry—she's a certified gemologist who also shows her passion for gems and jewelry during her presentations along with a lot of great information, whether it's a historical note or just precise dimensions, details, and angles (which few hosts do much anymore). When she and the vendors get talking about some of the rare pieces that occasionally come along, it's a real treat to watch.

Honored Contributor

I think QVC missed the boat when they stopped using hosts in special categories, categories they seemed to like, some interested in their personal lives.  They made them "Jacks of all trades."

I noticed when this change occurred hosts appeared uncomfortable selling other categories.  They did get better at it, but for some it still shows.  

Honored Contributor

@loriqvc wrote:

I really enjoyed Antonella's fun personality and the genuine, infectious passion she shared when she got to present something she loved, like jewelry. She will be missed. But I'm hoping the Q keeps Nancy Hornback around and lets her go back to taking a lead position in presenting jewelry—she's a certified gemologist who also shows her passion for gems and jewelry during her presentations along with a lot of great information, whether it's a historical note or just precise dimensions, details, and angles (which few hosts do much anymore). When she and the vendors get talking about some of the rare pieces that occasionally come along, it's a real treat to watch.

I realize Nancy Hornback is a certified gemologist, which she mentions in each & every jewelry presentation, but I do not care for her jewelry presentations at all.  I'm sure she's a lovely person, but Nancy has a choppy delivery in my opinion, and often breaks out in a nervous loud laugh.  There's something quite off-putting about her presentations, so I usually only watch partial shows she is hosting.  Just my opinion.

Honored Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

@loriqvc wrote:

I realize Nancy Hornback is a certified gemologist, which she mentions in each & every jewelry presentation, but I do not care for her jewelry presentations at all.  I'm sure she's a lovely person, but Nancy has a choppy delivery in my opinion, and often breaks out in a nervous loud laugh.  There's something quite off-putting about her presentations, so I usually only watch partial shows she is hosting.  Just my opinion.

I was thinking that too.  She's quite  awkward in her presentations.  She is very knowledgeable, but she's uncomfortable in front of the camera.  Antonella has the abiltiy to sell jewelry, something Nancy can't.

Honored Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

@loriqvc wrote:

@Caaareful Shopper   Sometimes she treats us to singing in the middle of a presentation. What's up with that?