Contributor

Re: Jewelry line(s) that never disappoint

For me it is Imperial Gold the best quality!

Honored Contributor

Not here, but certainlywith higher resale, Levian.

Le Vian Raspberry Rhodolite® Garnet (3 ct. t.w.), Chocolate ...

Trusted Contributor

@ECBG   The ring is stunning!  I used to work at a high end jewelry store & over the years I used my employee discount to buy a couple of Levian pieces.  Top quality gemstones for sure!   

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@nova wrote:

@ECBG   The ring is stunning!  I used to work at a high end jewelry store & over the years I used my employee discount to buy a couple of Levian pieces.  Top quality gemstones for sure!   

@nova Thank you.  After retiring from teaching, I developed sciatic problems being a stylist for Dillards.  I left and worked at Belk where I had met a woman that became a close, close friend.  She was a gemologist and I worked with her almost 5 years.  I was a top seller of Levian.

I have the one they made for Belk that is mainly chocolate dia, (below); the choc and vanilla engagement ring, and a pink sapphire opal with van dia on each side.

Le Vian® Chocolate Diamond® and Vanilla Diamond® Ring in 14k ...

Le Vian – Tagged "fashion-ring" – Watch & Jewelry Exchange

This is similar to my pink.  Mine didn't have the baggettes which I prefer.

I LOVED the ring I showed, but it's too large for me.  I wear a 6 1/2 bracelet.

Honored Contributor

Joan Rivers

Victoria Wick

and early Michael Dawkins (before starry night).

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Trusted Contributor

@ECBG  What a fantastic collection!  I never got one of their rings for the same size reason!  I wear size 4.25 & the rings I liked could not go down that far.  I have a beautiful chocolate & white diamond pendant with a stunning glossy round bronze pearl in rose gold and the drop earrings to go with it.  I bought a chocolate diamond ring from another vendor made in my size that I wear as a companion piece.  Levian is pricey for sure but the quality is superb.  One of my favorite days at the jewelry store were the trunk shows they would put on.  I sold an exquisite white gold diamond & blue sapphire vintage looking bracelet to a client.  I'll always remember how happy she was with it!

Honored Contributor

@nova OH MY goodness!!!!  You just made me remember one of our trunk showes where a $25,000 1.5 c blue diamond ring came with the show!  I stood over it ALL day, I wanted it so badly!

Did you sell Effy too?

Trusted Contributor

@ECBG   No - our store considered Effy more of a retail brand.  In my opinion though Effy also makes jewelry with some of the finest sapphires suites.  I know what you mean about drooliing over some of the real expensive rare pieces!  One show they had large emerald double drop earrings like Angelina Jolie wore at one of the academy award shows.  They were so large they almost looked "fake"  lol

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@nova wrote:

@ECBG   No - our store considered Effy more of a retail brand.  In my opinion though Effy also makes jewelry with some of the finest sapphires suites.  I know what you mean about drooliing over some of the real expensive rare pieces!  One show they had large emerald double drop earrings like Angelina Jolie wore at one of the academy award shows.  They were so large they almost looked "fake"  lol

@nova The Levian rep also brought a giant white gold diamond bow that Brittany Spears had made and didn't take.  It was interesting, but I didn't want it.

Belk lost their top seller when they added another woman who had been there almost a year in R Lauren.  She ran past me one time too many and I almost fell inmto the metal and glass.  I complained and ended up being threatened by the floor manager in front of  HR who did not a thing!  I left, and reported the bunch to corporate.  The young counter manager, whom was put there by her countryman, a floor manager, decided to return her bad sales on me and it was witnessed several times.  I reported her too!

Trusted Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@nova wrote:

@nova The Levian rep also brought a giant white gold diamond bow that Brittany Spears had made and didn't take.  It was interesting, but I didn't want it.

Belk lost their top seller when they added another woman who had been there almost a year in R Lauren.  She ran past me one time too many and I almost fell inmto the metal and glass.  I complained and ended up being threatened by the floor manager in front of  HR who did not a thing!  I left, and reported the bunch to corporate.  The young counter manager, whom was put there by her countryman, a floor manager, decided to return her bad sales on me and it was witnessed several times.  I reported her too!

@ECBG   Now you brought me back some unpleasant memories too!  I absolutely loved making customers happy but the sales quota each of us were given made some people behave badly.  I was promised & strung along for a managerial posiiton for months & then lo & behold one of the bosses good frineds from another store ends up at my store with the position I was promised.  Made me so angry - the good old boy network was still alive & well when I was there.  I ended up leaving & getting a posiiton as an office manager at a medical office - left the jewelry world completely.  I'm glad I got my certifications & I will always love gemstones & jewelry but it's a brutal market.