Valued Contributor

After over 35 years I will be retiring in September at age 63. I decide to do jewelry inventory..

1. 10 pieces of John Hardy jewelry including 2 Jai pieces.I wear 3 bracelets on my right wrist along with 2 Lagos  gemstone bracelets.The JH bracelets I have worn for over 4 years. My Effy shapprie petite dog tag I wear everyday,along with my coin cross and my favorite on all my jewelry is my Lagos 3 dimensional Panda pendant on a 30 inch round box chain.Diamond hugger hoops everyday, along with my shapprie stud earrings.

2.Lagos 8 pieces 3 pendants,3 bracelets 2 rings.Left wrist Lagos cavier cuff along with watch.I wear Lagos ribbed stacks ring with my Jai wide chain ring,they nestled fine together.

3.Barry Cord  5 pieces.

4. Effy 5 pieces.

5.Kingbaby 6 pieces. Includes 2 anklets.

6.James Avery charm bracelet

7. 1caret Diamond band ring,I had resized over 40 years to fit my pinkie finger.Stones still sparkle.

Over 35 pieces does not include jewelry I have given away.

I wear everyday my JH wide band ring, and Jai,& Lagos band rings. On special occasions I wear my Effy gemstone rings.Always love wide band rings.

Jewelry especially pendants should be 3 dimensional,all rings and bracelets should have under gallery and substantial gram weights.Jewelry is no bargain

Honored Contributor

It sounds like you are all set for retired life. Congratulations and enjoy.

Honored Contributor

@GRACIE.  Just curious...what has retiring have to do with inventoring your jewelry?  I thought you were going to say you were selling it and sailing away to Bali or something like that.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

@Kachina624 I decided just to see how much jewelry I had and the quality of that jewelry. To compare the craftmanship  of the designs from over 35 years to the present date.While I am a educated  consumer, l reflected  on those items  that were my favorite to items l would give away.

Everyone has jewelry that at the time could not live without. Personally as retirement nears,there are some pieces that I still treasure. For example my band rings and JH/Lagos bracelets  and my KB coin cross pendant and my favorite of all my jewelry is my Lagos panda pendant.

While I do not regret my jewelry purchases,giving to those who have admire my jewelry style brings a smile to my face. 

Retirement does not mean not admiring or purchasing items that brings a smile to your face, but sharing that smile with others.

Besides faith,family and close friends retirement will not change my life,but the "the things I buy will. 

As a country gal,  I  enjoy my family,close friends and my dogs.Traveling small towns with my sister and enjoying life, retirement will not change that,while I still love jewelry and handbags since I was a child,owning it  has taken a back seat,except for my panda bear pendant.☺

Honored Contributor

@GRACIE.  I retired 20 years ago this year and highly recommend it. 

I have a very large jewelry collection, including a nice collection of Native American pieces, both antique and new.  I have absolutely nobody to leave it to.  All my relatives live in Pennsylvania, and have no appreciation of it.  Like you, I get a lot of pleasure out of gifting my jewelry pieces.

Respected Contributor
I retired several years ago and have since gone through my collection of jewelry a few times and donated to a local Hospice thrift shop those pieces I could part with at the time. Believe me, still have plenty of jewelry. I still buy jewelry but not necessarily the high end items I once did. Mostly don't wear or buy necklaces anymore. Love bracelets and earrings which I wear everyday especially when I go out. I really don't have any heirs that will want my jewelry or appreciate it that is why I have gifted a few friends on occasion. It's a good feeling to see them smile when they receive a piece they have admired on me.
Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624 is there a Native American Museum or group that you can gift in your will your Native American jewelry, and or your jewelry if you wish, to so that you can help others with your bounty?  

Honored Contributor

Yes, there are lots of museums but you ought to see what they have; huge elaborate pieces.  I'm not in that class.

Super Contributor

Gracie3. It sounds like you have a nice collection of jewelry. When I was watching the gold show Antionella, not sure if I spelled her name right, talked about her mom and what she said. Her mom told her girls to invest in the best you can afford, even if it's just one piece a year. Since gold has went up I've bought some silver pieces. I really like what I've bought but I liked the advice Antoinella's mom gave to her girls.I may still buy a silver piece here and there if I really like it, but I'm going to start buying more gold, even if it's just one special piece a year that my husband and I pick out together. 

I've been married for 41 years and have always loved and had an appreciation for jewelry. My husband has bought me many special pieces for birthdays anniversaries, Christmas and Valentine's Day over the years. He's always bought me beautiful quality pieces. This is why I'll pass up a gold piece here or on HSN that has the stamp, China. Even though no one else could see that stamp I would know it's there. I love gold from Italy.

My husband and I have one child, a daughter, so I do have someone to pass my jewelry down too..

I have no idea how many pieces I own. I have a smaller jewelry box that sits on my dresser that's about 15 inches high. My husband bought me a beautiful standing jewelry amoire, and I have an over the door hanging jewelry box. Yes, they're all full. Lol!

Gracie, I really like the idea of having a diamond band to wear on your pinky finger. I bought 3 plain rose gold bands for my Mom, my daughter and myself because the 3 of us are so very close. All of us wear these little bands every single day. Maybe in the future I'll buy all 3 of us matching diamond bands for our pinky fingers, or maybe our pointer fingers.

Do you have a daughter to pass your pieces down too?

I'm jealous because I've seen a few Effy pieces I really like but don't own any, yet,Lol!

Please forgive my very long post. I'm so glad we have this forum so we can talk about our jewelry.. I like to see pictures of what pieces people collect so if you get a chance post a picture of some of your pieces, whatever can fit in to the picture that is. I bet your Effy dog tag is beautiful.

Did any of you girls buy anything from the gold show? I bought 3 pieces and can't wait to get them.I know if I get something I don't care for I can always send it back.  My poor credit card was screaming. Lol! But if I love the pieces and will wear them a lot it'll be worth it. No more jewelry shopping for me for a loooong time!

Honored Contributor

Feeling like a great big Jewelry Pig, but grateful that I have a granddaughter who at 2, refuses to leave home without appropriate (to her) bracelets and necklaces, all of which priced in at $1.50 or less.

At least, my jewelry will have a place to GO, WHEN I DO.