Frequent Contributor

Jewelry case: I need to vent! (Not Q related)

I am really mad at an inanimate object and I really need to vent to someone! Here goes!

Due to my own purchasing habits and a wonderful husband who loves estate jewelry, I have a good sized collection of fine jewelry. I keep it in a safe in my home. (My QVC sterling pieces from Ripka, Bixby, etc. are in a large Lori Greiner armoire.) I had it in those black trays you often see in jewelry stores. Wanting something a little more sophisticated, I purchased a leather jewelry case. A large one. And it wasn't cheap.

Not long after I purchased it, and put all my "nice stuff" in it, it fell open on me when taking it out of the safe. After picking it all back up, and finding the missing pieces under the sofa (the main thing being a diamond and emerald frog pendant that got WAY back there....) I noticed the locking mechanism on the front was flimsy to say the least. So, everytime I picked it up after that I carefully placed my hand on the bottom.

Today it fell open before I could even get my hand in place! I found two of my cameo pins FACE DOWN ON THE TILE FLOOR! (Yes, that was shouting.) Fortunately nothing was damaged and everything is accounted for.

I just went and dug the trays out of storage. They might not look that sophisticated, but no one sees them except me and hubby. And frankly it was easier to find things in my trays!

Thanks for letting me vent!