Honored Contributor

@Pecky  90% of JTV offering is cheap jewelry made out of cheap metals.  Yes, including silver.  I don't know how they make up names for the their shows that almost always consists of something over silver.  But they sell.

Respected Contributor

Re: Jewelry all day 12/20!

[ Edited ]

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

This is really sad on the part on QVC, to have ONLY one jewelry day at the holiday season is extremely poor planning on their part. We go through this EVERY season with only one or no jewelry shows for gift giving now.

Many years ago we ladies used to love the offering of a new diamond ring for the holiday AND they had this on weeks before christmas so that we had the new ring by/for christmas and through the entire season (by means of New Yr's too).

Now they offer us a new diamond ring but it's priced out of reach and 5 days before christmas?????????????????? NO ONE will even have it to present on the big day.

Seriously QVC? Instead of selling tons of warehouse stuff just to empty your stuff on us, you should be having lots of jewelry shows this time of season - better viewing than what you do these days.

If jewelry shows are not making them $$, but selling electronics is, then that's what they will do. It's a business! I'll watch jewelry shows anytime.

Honored Contributor

@Pecky wrote:

What I don't understand is jewlery must still be selling since JTV only sells jewelry and has been on for years.  Why can't QVC make a profit selling more jewelry? 

Because their prices are higher.  Q does not have a big variety.  When I first started watching Q, maybe a year or so  before Lisa R. left.  They had jewelry shows and a variety.  I really enjoyed them.  Then I discovered HSN and they to use to have a variety, then I discovered Shophq, I think by far they have the most beautiful jewelry shows and unique designers and they have nice things in every price range.  Then I discovered JTV I have purchased beautiful rings from them. Q cannot have a lot of jewelry shows because they do not have a lot of jewelry vendors.  

Honored Contributor

@songbird wrote:

@Pecky  90% of JTV offering is cheap jewelry made out of cheap metals.  Yes, including silver.  I don't know how they make up names for the their shows that almost always consists of something over silver.  But they sell.

I don't think people consider silver cheap.  First time I have heard anyone say this lol.  JTV also has 14k gold, flawless diamonds.  Big selection.  If you enjoy Q's pieces thats fine.  It is not necessary to put down other channels.  I heard Shoplc has beautiful pieces as well.  I have pieces from Q as well as Shophq, hsn, and JTV.  They all have better prices than Q.  But I do not put Q down.  I just like to bargain shop and get good deals.  I know people complain that Q does not have A lot of jewelry shows but Q is not the only place to see jewelry.  I hope you find something on the 1 day sale and that the price will be competetive with others.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

QVC knows that a lot of women get Christmas money that they use to buy themselves a little something after working so hard to make the holidays nice for everyone else.  However, I don't think QVC does well in the jewelry area.  They do an extemely poor job of explain what the customer is buying and the styles tend to be "safe".  

Super Contributor

i miss the jewelry shows of days past on the Q . holiday time is the best time of year to buy. i do treat myself at this time of the year.. lately i have been disappointed in the diamonique selection of rings. too many BIG carat sizes and halo styles. i like diamonique rings from years ago . they featured unusual settings and had lots of marquise and pear stones that were a believable 1, 2 or 3 carats. i also am upset that the Q doesn't offer more gemstone jewelry. i also think that ShopHQ has a wonderful selection of gemstone rings at affordable prices with many unique styles. QVC sells gemstone rings so rarely it's hard to catch a bargain. 

Respected Contributor

@songbird wrote:

Will there be discount on ALL jewelry?  As in expensive gold items?  When they say all jewelry, they really mean diamonique, crystal, semi precious gems, silver on top of brass, silver on top of silver, on top of siver, on top of.....?

QVC doesn't know the meaning of the word discount. Their "sale" prices are laughable.

Honored Contributor

@sunshine 919 wrote:

@songbird wrote:

I don't think people consider silver cheap.  First time I have heard anyone say this lol.  JTV also has 14k gold, flawless diamonds.  Big selection.  If you enjoy Q's pieces thats fine.  It is not necessary to put down other channels.  I heard Shoplc has beautiful pieces as well.  I have pieces from Q as well as Shophq, hsn, and JTV.  They all have better prices than Q.  But I do not put Q down.  I just like to bargain shop and get good deals.  I know people complain that Q does not have A lot of jewelry shows but Q is not the only place to see jewelry.  I hope you find something on the 1 day sale and that the price will be competetive with others.Smiley Happy

@sunshine 919   ITA, Silver is not cheap. I've made a nice living over 20 years making nothing but silver jewelry. If buying other color metal jewelry like yellow gold or rose gold, much better over silver than a base metal of unknown origin. 

Contributor

I, too, have missed the jewelry shows this holiday season.  I am tired of all day airings of $500 hairdryers, huge sets of Philosopy, expensive facial and body products. So many expensive things or $50 "stocking stuffers". Who buys these things, even on 6 "low" easy payments ?