Trusted Contributor

I've purchased from them from time to time over the years. Mostly been happy with my purchases, but a word to the wise: if something seems like an incredibly cheap price, the piece is most likely very cheap as well. 

Being a gemstone junkie, I can't resist some of their earrings and pendants. They have an excellent variety set in gold and silver, and not just the same old ametyst, citrine, topaz, garnet-- some interesting stones you don't see everywhere over and over again. 

Honored Contributor

@Foolywooly11 wrote:

I've purchased more jewelry from JTV than any other shopping channel. I like their selection, quality, prices, & sales. Their CS is excellent, too.

They have great prices  if I see something presented I go on line and see all the details.  By the way their details of a piece is very imformative.  I have a moissainte ring which is very good quality.  I also have a Remy bella and it is beautiful and very well made.  My next piece will be a Timna piece.  I will review this piece when I receive.  Their Bali pieces look amazing.  I have not tried any of those pieces yet.  There are a couple of hosts I can watch.

Honored Contributor

@catchersmom wrote:

I think your trade off for poorly produced/shoddy camerwork/hosts that you often have to mute/cheap studio sets is a reduced price. Some have mentioned that their products are cheap/poorly made, but that is not always the case. I would guess that I return 1 out of 20 purchases, and that is probably the same for the Q.

I was watching a Diamonique show today and saw a ring presented for $89 or so....you can purchase similar/same style from Bella Luce for $39, and if you wait for a sale less than that.

Also, I've purchased Diamonique, Absolute, and Bella Luce and the Bella has been better for me hands down. Absolute went cloudy very quickly, Diamonique is overpriced IMO.....

I have to agree, I wanted an elephant ring.  The diamonique one on Q is 99 and there is one on JTV under 50.

Contributor

My experiences with JTV over the past 5-6 years have all be great. I think their prices are  low, the selection is varied, and perhaps best of all...when I order a piece of jewelry from JTV I get what I have ordered--nothing missing, the correct color,size, etc. NO ERRORS with JTV.....unlike what I have experienced with Florence, SC QVC shipping jewelry!!!

Super Contributor

I've had insomnia quite a bit lately (hormonal upheaval) and turned on JTV last night during the Moissanite show at midnight. Normally I don't care for C.Winston (vendor) much, but he got a fit of giggles last night and I found myself laughing right along. The host caught it too, although she tried to get him under control. She kept saying "we've only got 11 minutes to go!" trying to get him to stop laughing....

maybe I was just sleep deprived, but that was the most I laughed all day yesterday Smiley Very Happy

Never mistake kindness for weakness
Respected Contributor

I've been thinking about buying a pair of 14k yellow gold Moissanite stud earrings and finally pulled the trigger with their sale. These were 50% off, and overnight shipping was only $20. I hope they're as beautiful as the reviews say they are. The only negative that I saw was that the backs were a bit small, and I have a couple of sets of larger, more secure backs that I can always use if needed. They're 2.4 carats diamond equivalent, so at 1.2 carats per ear, they're double the size of my "real" studs, but much, much less expensive. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Honored Contributor

JTV items are hit or miss.  If something is super cheap, it's because the quality is lacking, stone presence is miniscule, etc.  The diamonds they sell look dreadful on camera so I can only imagine how poor they are in person.

Most of the belle I have purchased has been great with the exception of one ring that was horrible.  Super cloudy stones.  I think I just got a dud because the reviews were all great.

CS is really good.  You do have to be careful because you have 30 days from the day you receive the item for them to receive it back and they are sticklers about that.  They also do not refund original s/h and their s/h is high unless you have a coupon.

There are very few hosts that I can stand to listen to.  There is one host that continually counts down the number of a piece left to sell.  I think she doesn't know what to say and this takes up time but it's maddening.  "50 rings left.  49, 48, 47, 46...this will go on and on.     

Super Contributor

@Lipstickdiva haha, I know just who you are talking about! She is one half of their power duo, the Girlfriend Friday hostesses. And I agree, their customer service is excellent!

Do you order through their website? If you do and get the pop up box asking for your email address it is worth entering it. A few minutes after you do that the shipping usually flips to free. No idea why that  happens but every time they ask for my email address (and that's just about every time I go to the website) I end up with free shipping.

Wanted to share that because for many weeks I would just close out the pop up box and leave the website. Wish I had realized the benefit of entering my email address earlier!

(also hope I didn't just shoot myself in the foot and lose my free S&H because they didn't realize they had some kind of glitch lol)

Never mistake kindness for weakness
Super Contributor

I have gotten some great things from JTV and some not-so-great items - the prices are incredible and when they have buy-outs I can swear I have seen the exact same items on QVC or Evine now at half the price.  I have gotten some beautiful items from JTV!  They also have truly exotic gemstones that I never see on QVC

The artisan crafted Bali items are incredible but you have to watch out for sizing - rings always seem to be one size smaller than they are supposed to be.

Honored Contributor

Where do they broadcast?  Everyone seems to have a southern accent.  Too much 10K gold, so they can sell them cheaper.  Lousy looking diamonds.  But traditionally, the higher the gold grade, the better the diamonds they pair with.  They must be premium gold/diamonds somewhere, but I never see 18K.  Just lots of silver and 10K.