Super Contributor

Just started watching this, but am getting increasingly annoyed at their camera coverage.  The hosts will talk and talk and talk about a piece while the producer shows them talking from a distance.  They might be holding the piece, ie a bracelet.  But you cannot tell anything about the appearance from so far away.  Eventually, they will show the piece about half way thru the presentation.  I don't get this methodology.  The end result is that I'm starting to watch it less and less.

The hype surroundin the pieces is repetitive.  It seems like there are a lot of "there has never been a price lower than this" comments.  I've never ordered from them.  What has your experience been ordering from JTV?

Honored Contributor

I agree sometimes their style of selling is maddening, especially the guys. I will never understand why it takes 3 men to sell earrings. I have purchased a couple of things from the and the quality was good.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

I have not been disappointed by them, and their prices are fabulous, love Bella Luce!!

Super Contributor

I think your trade off for poorly produced/shoddy camerwork/hosts that you often have to mute/cheap studio sets is a reduced price. Some have mentioned that their products are cheap/poorly made, but that is not always the case. I would guess that I return 1 out of 20 purchases, and that is probably the same for the Q.

I was watching a Diamonique show today and saw a ring presented for $89 or so....you can purchase similar/same style from Bella Luce for $39, and if you wait for a sale less than that.

Also, I've purchased Diamonique, Absolute, and Bella Luce and the Bella has been better for me hands down. Absolute went cloudy very quickly, Diamonique is overpriced IMO.....

Never mistake kindness for weakness
Trusted Contributor

I've purchased more jewelry from JTV than any other shopping channel. I like their selection, quality, prices, & sales. Their CS is excellent, too.

Honored Contributor

I've often wondered if their producers do this delaying tactic on purpose or they just don't know any better.  I have only so much patience waiting for the piece to appear and I'm gone to one of the other jewelry shows.

Regular Contributor

I purchased something from them recently for the first time. Their Customer Service folks were a joy to work with (the issue I had was with the shipping company and JTV rectified it, which was wonderful of them to do).

Honored Contributor

I cannot watch JTV because the hosts and camera angles are not very good.  I've purchased a few things over the years.  Just be careful because quality is questionable-to-lousy about 75% of the time.  

Respected Contributor

I have always received excellent jewelry items from JTV and have never been disappointed.  Their shipping is fast too.  Now I understand why their sales are increasing tremendously!

Trusted Contributor

I bought a couple items from JTV in the past. I would say I returned more than I kept, but the CS were really nice. If I were to see something, I would still buy from them because the items I kept are really good. I am curious about their Bella Luce. I only have a piece or two of Diamonique but it is in 14K and from way back when. Always wondered how it compares. I never owned anything Absolute either ...