Respected Contributor

Re: Jewelry Stolen When Returning

I would of insured the package.

Valued Contributor

I've read in the past that QVC has really, really tight security in regards to employees who handle jewelry. 

I've returned pricey jewelry to QVC and have never had any problems. 

The mail system might be another issue. I recently ordered from a company that required my signature upon delivery. No problem with that. The package arrived with BIG RED LETTERS printed across it: "Please Check the Seal of This Package Before Delivery. Please Do Not Deliver If the Seal of This Package Appears to Have Been Tampered With!"

Trusted Contributor

@VenturaHighway I agree 100%.  Insuring it gives you peace of mind - especially if it's a piece of jewelry being returned.  I had to return a pricey piece once - I insured it and also had a tracking number put on it so I could follow the delivery online.

Respected Contributor

@VenturaHighway wrote:

I would of insured the package.

What's a Q Return Label?

A Q Return Label is a special bar-coded label that's affixed to your order's pack slip and can be used to return the majority of items back to QVC. 

Using this label gives you the convenience of sending back an item without having to insure your package and without having to wait in line at the Post Office or a Shipping Center to purchase return shipping. The Q Return Label contains all the information about your order so that return shipping fees are deducted from your refund. For returns due to QVC error, item defect(s), or request for exchange/replacement, there's no charge for use of the Q Return Label. For returns, credits to a credit card will be immediately applied upon processing, but may not appear on your statement for one to two billing cycles.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Respected Contributor

@mom2four0418Yes, I know what the return label says and does. If I'm sending back a pair of pants then I use the label but if I'm sending back a $100.00 or $200.00 piece of jewelry then yes, I would insure the package.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@VenturaHighway wrote:

@mom2four0418Yes, I know what the return label says and does. If I'm sending back a pair of pants then I use the label but if I'm sending back a $100.00 or $200.00 piece of jewelry then yes, I would insure the package.

I was just providing information. When it states that if their label is used "without having to insure your package" it should mean that there is enough insurance to cover the item.  

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Respected Contributor

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@VenturaHighway wrote:

I was just providing information. When it states that if their label is used "without having to insure your package" it should mean that there is enough insurance to cover the item.  

@mom2four0418I just meant since the OP had trouble before it would be a good idea to insure the jewelry.

But with all that said, I really doubt that this happened to the OP. Especially since it happened more than once.

Super Contributor

I've had a couple packages delivered to me that were clearly ripped open and then taped back up. Of course the jewelry in the box was gone.

If I'm returning a piece that costs more than $100 I use QVC's return lable but I still go to the post office to ask for a receipt to prove I mailed it back. It cost nothing to do this and I highly recommend everyone do this just in case. It should be done with every piece, even if it only cost $20 and you're paying the return shipping instead of paying their label and the $6.95.

Things can happen. I was sent a Barbara Bixby empty box. I had never ordered one of her pieces so when I contacted CS I told them I could send a picture of the empty box and they could check to see that I had never bought one of her pieces.

I've gotten packages that are ripped and the box and item are still in there when they could have easily fallen out.

I received a ring one time that I did not order. Of course I sent it back.

Like I said, things can happen. I had a few things happen when QVC had gold day. Maybe because I ordered several pieces and so did a lot of other people. The Judith Ripka earrings I ordered never came so I called CS about a week after it showed they had been delivered. They were very nice and sent me a new pair and put a trace on the ones I never got.

Sorry my message is so long. I know it's upsetting when things like this happen. Insurance is included when we pay shipping. QVC did tell you that the otems were missing. They use paper packaging so it's kind of easy to open the package. I always staple my packages when I return them. So along the way someone could have opened the package and put a piece of tape on to close it. Have you asked them if tape was used?

I've found that QVC and HSN both have really good customer service. Keep in contact with them and ask about tape or staples if you didn't use these to reclose your packages.