Super Contributor

Re: Jewelry Purchase Regrets?

Pearls can go with everything. You don't need to be on a fancy dress to wear them.  Wear them with you T-shirts ( the ones with the round collar). I wear mine like that. The casual dress up: A T-shirt, jeans and shoes ( ballerinas, nice sandals). 

Super Contributor

In my case, I wear white gold or silver only. I used to wear yellow gold a lot, but now it gives me migraines.

Super Contributor

I you don't like them, return them if you can. If not, sell them a pawn jewellery store. I will sell some of the silver pieces that I own. The meaningful ones, I will keep it.

Trusted Contributor

If you have second thoughts send it back.  Don't even go back and forth.  You will not miss it.  For me personally, all my jewelry was stolen - they left me a few pieces of silver and took all the gold and gemstones, including all my heirlooms.  A small fortune and all I had of my ancestors. I have worked really hard to get a few pieces of gold over the last couple year - nothing can replace what was lost - alot were also gifts.  If I spend my $$, no matter how little or how much, if I don't immediately love it, it goes back.  My only regret purchases were a couple of bronzo pieces that I didn't return and will never wear in a million years - can't give those aw - no one wants them.  Thankfully they were not a big investment.

Trusted Contributor

I still have too much jewelry, but I sell the items I don't want anymore on ebay or give them away as christmas or birthday gifts to my family. Everything looks brand new with no scratches so I just box them up and re-gift them. The recipiants are happy and so am I.

I have many many many pearls necklaces, earrings, rings of all types and I love them. I wear pearls all of the time.

Respected Contributor

I have several pieces that I have never worn. So I don't buy expensive any more. 

Trusted Contributor

There was a period of time, after gold went up, when I went a bit nuts buying silver.  I don't have the time or patience to babysit silver, and you can guess what happened there . . . 

Do the math.
Super Contributor

I have a lot of old QVC silver - its all untarnished because I keep it in silver safekeepers and the boxes that Coleen on HSN sells - still no tarnish but it all sits there - silver is low and not worth much and Ebay is a big pain - I also have a box of gold I dont wear and dont want to sell since gold has gone down again - did sell some int he past

I have so much jewelry that lately when I order some on-line it ends up being returned - but that can add up with all the shipping fees

Respected Contributor

Most of my jewelry regrets are the silver pieces cladded by yellow or rose gold. No matter how well I take care of it and where I keep it , it still changes color, darkens,even by the best designers like Omar Torres, Michelle Albala,, Sonia B.

Some pièces I had replated with white rhodium and now I can enjoy them( but it is only easily could be done by Sonia B ). 

With my real gold pieces I made less mistakes so I pretty much wear them accordingly.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I did regret selling a few of my pieces.  I did find them again on the seconday market and repurchased them.  I find I only wear a few things most of the time, perhaps  it's time to clear things out again.