Esteemed Contributor

Re: Jewelry Purchase Regrets?

Yes, I have plenty of jewelry I have bought and never wore...along with many clothing items that have not seen the light of day...how nice it would be to have our money back....

Honored Contributor

Yes. I have done that. I have SO MUCH jewelry that I had to have.....and never wear. I sold a bunch of my gold jewelry a few years ago when gold was really high and made a small fortune! Still I have plenty left over....  No one to give it to.no kids or family. 

Honored Contributor

@grammarqueen wrote:

I purchased an Imperial Pearls freshwater multi-colored necklace and earring set from HSN back during their birthday month in July. It is beautiful and flawless, but since it arrived, I haven't worn it once because it just doesn't go with the casual style of clothes and the necklines (polo) I usually wear. I have many printed tops, and the necklace would look too "busy" if I wore them together. I am thinking of maybe just sending the necklace back and keeping the earrings, but I really bought them to go together, and frankly, I like the look and price of Honora much better. 

I called, and I have until the end of September to return them, and I'll make my decision. I'm not asking whether you guys think I should return them or not. I was just curious if any of you have bought jewelry that there is nothing wrong with, but has just sat in your drawer because it just doesn't go with your style or your clothes. Thanks!

Yes I have a blue drusey ring from Barbara Bixby, it is very good quality, however it is heavy and I think I have worn it maybe 3 times, it is not comfortable.  It is a lovely ring but I do not wear it.

Respected Contributor

Definitely have some jewelry that I though I would wear but I never do. Not too much though. But if to add up all the wasted money I cold have one good Sonia B diamond piece or a good trip to Europe or 2 trips to Carribean .

Oh well...

Valued Contributor

I looked at the earrings again and tried on a pair. It struck me that one thing I don't like about them is that they are 10mm, and I usually wear 5mm-7mm. I am also absolutely sure, with the white pair, one is larger than the other. 

Frequent Contributor

Send them back.  You don't love them now, chances are they won't "grow" on you later.  And you won't get your money back on the bay!

I was just commenting to my husband over the weekend that I had an armoire full of jewelry that I regret purchasing.  At the time, I was the major breadwinner in the family and spent my discretionary money on jewelry at QVC.  Diamonique and old Ripka mostly, but also a lot of Joan Rivers and KJL. It wasn't what I really wanted, but I couldn't afford what I really wanted so I settled for silver and diamonique (and frankly faux on occasion!)

I regret ALL of it now.  Hubby is now doing well and has rewarded me (and my patience!) with beautiful jewelry, much of it that he designed himself. 

I sold a few pieces on the bay, but I took a huge hit on most of it.  As well I should, I paid an inflated price and now I have to live with the consequences!  I'll keep the rest of it, I have granddaughters that might like to have it one day!

Honored Contributor

ANY piece of costume jewelry I've bought since I was 18 years old.  I haven't bought MUCH, but shouldn't have bought ANY.  I tend to wear the same good pieces I own and have collected over a lifetime. 

Best buys:  Pearls 40 years ago; Yurman bracelet and earrings I've just worn and worn, paid for many times over in the last what, 30 years?  Diamond studs.  Big pearl studs.  Good watches.  I have three: Dress, every day, and sporty.  

Trusted Contributor

I could not possibly count all my jewelry regrets.  Back when gold jewelry was a mainstay on QVC, I bought almost every TSV they had.  Luckily I sold most of it when gold was at a high.

The Joan Rivers stuff I bought was also a waste of money.  The pendant chains turned my neck green.

Valued Contributor

Me, I have a broken peridot bracelet, I regret buying it, I've only been wearing it 3 weeks, broke already, can't send it back because I bought it back in June and I'm still making stretch pays on it at JTV. Stupid me, it cost me $199.00, sure it was on sale but still shouldn't it have lasted longer than 3 weeks. I kept it put away until my birthday 3 weeks ago. Swell, what a gift, guess it's really junk. I still have 2 more paymnets to make. uuurrgghhh

Respected Contributor

A few years ago, I was on auto-delivery for a set of Judith Ripka bracelets.  I really only wear one of them - The ones with Diamonique really aren't my style.  They're pretty, but elaborate.