Honored Contributor

@PJinIA wrote:

I have a LOT of silver/turquoise jewelry...does anyone know if the Sunshine Cloths are safe to use on turquoise?

@PJinIA   Perfectly safe to use on turquoise/silver jewelry. Be aware that if you rub too hard, the oxidation could lighten. Clean around the turquoise, not rubbing on the stone itself.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

There was a teacher on our staff silver with silver that had an incredible shine.  She washed it with soap and water!

I do know that semi precious stones will absorb soap and become permanently "milky".

@ECBG   Never used soap/water. 

Regular Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@PJinIA wrote:

I have a LOT of silver/turquoise jewelry...does anyone know if the Sunshine Cloths are safe to use on turquoise?

@PJinIA   Perfectly safe to use on turquoise/silver jewelry. Be aware that if you rub too hard, the oxidation could lighten. Clean around the turquoise, not rubbing on the stone itself.

Thanks Shanus!  So many helpful people here on this forum! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I just bought a complete cleaning set from AMZ ---called Carribean Gem Cleaner---it has banana and coconut in it and is for all jewelry--came with new polishing cloths as well as a paste and a jar with the basket to dip in the liquid. works so well--but remember way back--Primo products--there was a paste and then a jewelry cloth too--I still have the cloth.