Super Contributor

Jewelry Hosts' Hands... yikes!

Yes, I know the cold winter weather plays havoc with our skin. mine too. But the hands on the models and hosts today are pretty bad. Red, raw knuckles plus dry scaley split skin on hands is pretty noticeable on hi def. Please use a good hand cream, nail file and concealer!
Honored Contributor

Re: Jewelry Hosts' Hands... yikes!

Well if you have to shovel to get out of the driveway, your hands do get red and raw. I don't know if PA is having a snowstorm, but the Midwest is getting a lot of snow.

Valued Contributor

Good Grief.

Super Contributor

I'll be the first to notice hands and nails bc I am such a polish addict lol, but today when I got to catch a bit of Jill with Tiffany from Scott Kay, I didn't even notice! I was so busy looking at the new pieces to QVC and listening to the inspiration behind them, not to mention feeling sorry for Tiffany because her dad just recently passed, and watching how Jill was so kind and caring helping Tiffany through what had to be an emotional show, I just didn't notice hands or nails! I just looked at the jewelry.

And AuntG is correct. They've had some pretty miserable weather there in PA and even though many of them might not even touch a shovel, I do know Shawn is constantly complaining about the lack of humidity in the air and talking about her hands looking horrible as well! She was selling some cream for that too. So I would say, it's all about that PA weather destroying their skin right now.{#emotions_dlg.scared}

Trusted Contributor

I haven't noticed their hands but I have noticed how pleasurable it has been (for me anyway) to watch the hosts and their professionalism. They have all been class acts today. Loving the shows..

Super Contributor

On 2/1/2015 Junebug54 said:

I haven't noticed their hands but I have noticed how pleasurable it has been (for me anyway) to watch the hosts and their professionalism. They have all been class acts today. Loving the shows..

ITA!!! I wish they would put a ""like"" button here bc I would have pressed it for your post!

Trusted Contributor

More realistic...it makes my hands look almost normal..lol

Regular Contributor

On 2/1/2015 Junebug54 said:

I agree with Junebug54. Its the first time in a long time I have enjoyed the professionalism !! I actually bought my 1st Bixby piece. My hand are red and raw, its my skin. I use Josie Maran body butter every night on hands and still have redness. It depends on how sensitive your skin.

Honored Contributor

Caught a glimpse @ Rick during the JR hour...handling a $1,000 bracelet w/ calluses on his thumb & ragged nails. Isn't there a full-time nail tech for these hosts? Seriously bad...I remember back when, he had a wart on his finger...holy MAN that looked bad...today's almost that bad. No excuse.

Respected Contributor

I often wonder why we do not see more nice gloves on no so nice looking hands and arms. I see them sometimes, but not in jewelry shows.