Trusted Contributor

Re: Jewelry Hosts' Hands... yikes!

With high def TV, human imperfections that would be inconspicuous on "regular" TV are very noticeable. Not always good. I'd HATE to be viewed on a high def screen!

{#emotions_dlg.crying}

Honored Contributor

I have no problem with the host's hands, they are real people living life.

Highlighted
Super Contributor

RetRN - you said it for me - who cares???

Super Contributor

If modeling jewelry is your job, you must keep your hands in pristine condition. Have we learned nothing from George Costanza?

Super Contributor

Oh Heart - you made my day talk about a blast from the past - that was my favorite Seinfeld episode - my friend and I used to talk about it all the time - THANKS!!

Honored Contributor

See? Even George knew what to do!! In all reality, this isn't much of an exaggeration if you're a 'parts model'.

As for the hosts, if they're just 'real people in a real life', why do they coif the hair, apply batwinged eyelashes, wear the suits & don the fake tans & nails? Just roll in w/ blue jeans, some Chapstick w/ hair in a ponytail. They're just 'real people', yes?

There's a current thread on Walmart w/ some posters claiming how 'dirty' they are....is the product dirty? Probably not, but it represents the standard you hold to the store. I would like to think my store, QVC, would have the same high standards I have for my shopping experience.....and this time it doesn't. They can do so much better.

Frequent Contributor

The thing I find worse than the hands, is the jewelry forms to show the product. They are often times dirty, with lint and thread sticking to them. Not a great way to display an expensive piece of jewelry. Surely the Q can invest in some new props.

Super Contributor

The host that has consistently well groomed nails is Alberti. It is a pleasure to watch him present jewelry plus he does such an awesome job selling anything! I'm hoping to see him more in the prime time hours. Reva

Super Contributor

On 2/1/2015 Bigbro said:
On 2/1/2015 Junebug54 said:

I haven't noticed their hands but I have noticed how pleasurable it has been (for me anyway) to watch the hosts and their professionalism. They have all been class acts today. Loving the shows..

I agree with Junebug54. Its the first time in a long time I have enjoyed the professionalism !! I actually bought my 1st Bixby piece. My hand are red and raw, its my skin. I use Josie Maran body butter every night on hands and still have redness. It depends on how sensitive your skin.

You will love your BB pieces. The grasshopper is fantastic. I have several & bought 3-4 on her show.

The model's hands on her shows were a bit red.

Honored Contributor

On 2/2/2015 sidsmom said:

See? Even George knew what to do!! In all reality, this isn't much of an exaggeration if you're a 'parts model'.

As for the hosts, if they're just 'real people in a real life', why do they coif the hair, apply batwinged eyelashes, wear the suits & don the fake tans & nails? Just roll in w/ blue jeans, some Chapstick w/ hair in a ponytail. They're just 'real people', yes?

There's a current thread on Walmart w/ some posters claiming how 'dirty' they are....is the product dirty? Probably not, but it represents the standard you hold to the store. I would like to think my store, QVC, would have the same high standards I have for my shopping experience.....and this time it doesn't. They can do so much better.

Doing all that isn't exclusive to hosts. I do my hair, apply make-up, etc. to go to my job and live my real life.