Occasional Contributor

Jewelry Care Tips From The JR site

http://www.judithripka.com/the-jewelry/jewelry-care.html

I'm sure most of you either already know this information, or have read it. But I just wanted to comment that I did just take out a lot of my pearls and used a tiny bit of olive oil on a soft cloth on them, and they look super!! I keep mine in Jewelry Chests and Armoires that I bought from the Q years ago. Two of them are lined with the tarnish-free fabric. I know heat can dry out pearls and harm them, but I was also thinking about all the dry air from the A/C a lot of us have been using in the hot weather.

I also noticed this comment regarding Sterling Silver.. "Do not store the silver jewelry directly in contact with wood surfaces as wood may contain acids that can damage the finish." ...and I was thinking..well, I have one jewelry chest that has these wooden sliding racks that you use to hang earrings from.. I have always been a bit concerned about them, because the finish is a bit rough, and can be a pain to remove/put back earrings. A lot of my earring just don't even fit on those anyway. I can't seem to find an excellent jewelry box for storing earrings, that also makes it easy to see them.

I welcome any comments or suggestions! Thanks!Smile