Respected Contributor

Jewelry Arriving in Plain Plastic Bags.....

[ Edited ]

I lost my post so here goes take 2......

I recently ordered several jewelry items and they all arrived in plain plastic bags without the sticker that detailed the style number, description and sizing info if applicable.

I don't like this. This can be problematic for many reasons but I like having the assurance that I was sent the correct item especially when the sizing is off. One ring in stainless steel, I ordered in my normal size since the host said not to size up but it ran small by a whole size.

I ordered a replacement and called CS to refund my return of the size 6 in full but the replacement also arrived with no info in a plain plastic bag. I can easily return the size 7 by accident. Or what about during the holidays or times when you order jewelry as gifts. It will be hard to know which one is which.

I'm also wondering how QVC is correctly packing and processing returns if jewelry items are no longer marked.

Has anyone else experienced this?

---------------------------------------------------------

OK, so I just noticed that there is a sticker with a barcode on the outside of the QVC beige and gold gift box but the numbers do not correspond to the item numbers.

Even though, this may be a time saver since now it seems packers do not need to open the boxes to scan, it's not good once the customer receives the item. The numbers do not match the item itself and one can easily pack returns back in the wrong Q gift box...........

~Live with Intention~
Honored Contributor

Re: Jewelry Arriving in Plain Plastic Bags.....

[ Edited ]

You make a good point about the rings. I ordered two rings in the same size from QVC this year and one was quite loose and the other was tight.

Esteemed Contributor

QVC went from overpacking most items to barely making it there in one piece. This happened to me with a pair of Vincenze gold 18K earrings. REALLY???? I get a plastic bag with the earrings and no markings anywhere. I had to use a magnifying glass to see if the earrings were the 18K ones that I had ordered and paid for and not Bronzo or Silicone. There was no romance card (as stated) and the only markings on the QVC box was a bar code and item number.  I was unsure to keep them or not because I had no way of knowing 100% that this was the item that I ordered and was charged. I looked at the other lines that it could be and decided that it most likely was my earrings. I like them but they are not heavy or the weight that they should be for the price. They are made well on the earring hinges so I'm keeping them.It will be the last pair of 18K that I buy. Idon't think this is unique to QVC but seems to be the norm in retail. I find it a bit unsettling and disappointing that a customer has to be so uncertain of the item in the box.

Respected Contributor

@Fressa wrote:

QVC went from overpacking most items to barely making it there in one piece. This happened to me with a pair of Vincenze gold 18K earrings. REALLY???? I get a plastic bag with the earrings and no markings anywhere. I had to use a magnifying glass to see if the earrings were the 18K ones that I had ordered and paid for and not Bronzo or Silicone. There was no romance card (as stated) and the only markings on the QVC box was a bar code and item number.  I was unsure to keep them or not because I had no way of knowing 100% that this was the item that I ordered and was charged. I looked at the other lines that it could be and decided that it most likely was my earrings. I like them but they are not heavy or the weight that they should be for the price. They are made well on the earring hinges so I'm keeping them.It will be the last pair of 18K that I buy. Idon't think this is unique to QVC but seems to be the norm in retail. I find it a bit unsettling and disappointing that a customer has to be so uncertain of the item in the box.

I completely agree!!  The sticker on the plastic bag gave a reassurance that you were sent the right item. It does not give me a good feeling to simply receive jewelry items with no indication in a plain plastic bag regardless of the price but even more so with 14K or 18K as you describe.

~Live with Intention~