Super Contributor

Re: Jewelry Aficionados - Here I Go Again

On 3/22/2015 pommom said:

kathoderay - this is precisely why I post on this forum. Thanks for the tip and pic. Didn't even know they existed.

You're welcome, I hope you find they work for you!

Off topic a bit, another friend of mine inherited four Poms when his brother died. My friend is a one cat person and has teased me for years about having a dog. So, It's been such fun for me while he's adjusting to his new herd. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Respected Contributor

Awww…we have 3 poms in our family. They were litter mates. My sis has one and my son has the other two. They are soooo adorable. They're my grand dogs. Luv me some poms!

PS - I ordered the ear protectors and they should arrive by next Friday. Can't thank you enough as I have a TON of silver jewelry. Can't imagine letting them sit in my jewelry box. I have salt & pepper hair and silver jewelry works best.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Honored Contributor

I can't wear silver...makes my skin bleed and very sore. It's just something I know so i don't wear it. You could try stainless steel but get a good pair (medical grade?) as many aren't any less irritating than silver. Me, I'm a gold gal.

Super Contributor

If you do get the ear protectors, would it be possible to attach them to sterling silver earrings? I love sterling silver and have blessedly insensitive earlobes. I feel bad for anyone who loves silver earrings and is unable to wear them. I like gold too but silver is my favorite.

BTW Pommom, I have a rescue Pom who is the love of my life.

Honored Contributor

Try 14k white gold or stainless steel. You can also try white Bronzo. You are allergic to silver. You can't change that.
Honored Contributor

On 3/21/2015 pommom said:

Thanks everyone for your suggestions.

I do have a pair of stainless steel huggers and even they irritate my ears - but not every time I wear them. (???)

Will look into Eternagold. Sure wish I could afford platinum.

Liquidation Channel sells platinum plated sterling silver jewelry. Only the platinum touches your skin. I believe they are the only shopping channel that sells it now.
Respected Contributor

lssiestorm - bless you. All of my fur babies are rescues.

chrystaltree - I'll check out the Liquidation Channel. Have never heard of it so I'll cruise the channels. Many thanks.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown