Trusted Contributor

Re: Jeff the new Gem Guy

[ Edited ]

@IMWwrote:

He is likable, but is he knowledge? Why not use Nancy the show host who is a GG?

I agree! I haven't seen this new guy have half the same knowledge as Peyton or Nancy.

Honored Contributor

@hendersonwrote:

@2blondewrote:

He and Michele Lau are both former employees of JTV.  I will say that I like both of them better in their current roles than I did when they were on JTV.

Michele Lau worked at HSN before going to JTV.

Yes, she was at HSN for years and they let her go.

Respected Contributor
Don't like Jeff. At all. He is the definition of blah. He adds nothing to any presentation.

I rarely see Michele Lau. Like Jeff, she adds nothing to the presentations either.

I like Erin very much. Do they really need her to talk about Diamonique? No, but she's always professional, pleasant and enthusiastic in her presentations. She's a keeper!
Trusted Contributor

I really do miss Peyton Kelly.  He was calm, knowledgeable and a pleasure to listen to...I

remember Jane Treacy calling him the "Indiana Jones" of the gem world since he traveled to so many countries to seek out gems and jewelry that he brought to the Q. 

None of the newer jewelry "experts" have the expertise of Peyton, imo!    

Trusted Contributor

Jeff and Michelle seem to be very nice and I am sure very educated in gems but I don't find that they have any warmth on screen.  

Honored Contributor

Wow; I started the thread because I was feeling kind of bad for the guy.  I thought people might respond that they were getting used to him and that he was doing a good job.

Contributor

He is okay, but I miss Peyton Kelley.  He was very knowledgeable and professional.  Anyone know why he is no longer with QVC?

Valued Contributor

Trusted Contributor

@IMW wrote:

He is likable, but is he knowledge? Why not use Nancy the show host who is a GG?

I found it odd that when Nancy and Jeff did a gem show together she introduced him as going for his gia, and she is a graduate of the gia, so why have him as the expert, when she obviously already is?

Esteemed Contributor

He's OK, but when they're talking gemstones, I want a graduate gemologist like Peyton weighing in. They obviously traded experience for youth--or lifestyle/cosmetic people like the new diamond guy, who used to rep Dermablend.

At least Jeff is pursuing his GIA studies.