Esteemed Contributor

I ordered a bracelet with okapi stones and lapis beads from Jay King. He had a sale going on with some good prices. The okapi stone has brown and pink markings and is one of his smaller items; I plan to wear the bracelet with others I have. 

I have two jasper rings from a few years ago, which are still as good as new and are fine quality.  Has anyone else ordered any of Jay King's jewelry? 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Respected Contributor

@teganslaw wrote:

I ordered a bracelet with okapi stones and lapis beads from Jay King. He had a sale going on with some good prices. The okapi stone has brown and pink markings and is one of his smaller items; I plan to wear the bracelet with others I have. 

I have two jasper rings from a few years ago, which are still as good as new and are fine quality.  Has anyone else ordered any of Jay King's jewelry? 

Oh my, I have so much of his jewelry I have had to stop.  I don't think anything I have purchased of his has turned me off.  And he explains everything very well.  

Honored Contributor

Jay's jewelry has become such poor quality that I've quit buying it.  Gemstones that are bright and colorful on TV are dull and lifeless in person since they pick the best of thousands for TV.  Opaque stone earrings selling for princely prices are disappointedly tiny when you receive them and certainly aren't worth the charge.  I had numerous orders arrive chipped or broken. 

I've bought a ton of his jewelry over the years but I'm fed up and finished.  I will not buy more.  I think he's run his course and needs to retire. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

That's a perfect name for that stone...okapi. 

Okapi is my most favorite animal in entire world. Their fur is like the most plushest, thickest and softest velvet you've ever felt in your life.

Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Jay's jewelry has become such poor quality that I've quit buying it.  Gemstones that are bright and colorful on TV are dull and lifeless in person since they pick the best of thousands for TV.  Opaque stone earrings selling for princely prices are disappointedly tiny when you receive them and certainly aren't worth the charge.  I had numerous orders arrive chipped or broken. 

I've bought a ton of his jewelry over the years but I'm fed up and finished.  I will not buy more.  I think he's run his course and needs to retire. 

You got that right.  He is currently selling horrible junk.  He has ruined his reputation and I wouldn't want any of his current offerings even if they were free.  Bye bye Jay.

Honored Contributor

@teganslaw wrote:

I ordered a faceted apetite necklace maybe ten years ago, the beads seem to glisten in the light, a small pair of matching earrings came with it.  Both necklace and earrings still look nice.  

Esteemed Contributor

I just can't get into opaque gemstones.  I can muster up some love for turquoise and coral, but that's it. 

Enjoy your Jay King.  He brings so many different pieces to HSN.  I've never shopped there.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Honored Contributor

See the source image

@SilleeMee   Is this the one?  di

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

I have many of Jay's pieces and I have been mostly happy with them.  Only have had a couple of real disappointments.  I did recently purchase the Hubei turquoise necklace and a lapis bead necklace.  I just could not resist the sale prices and I have a distinct feeling he is going to retire soon.  He's been saying how everything that he's been presenting is from his private stash as he has not obviously been able to travel like the rest of us.   They will become collectors items, IMO.

Honored Contributor

@Desertdi 

Yes! Isn't that the sweetest face??!! I got to touch one at the zoo where I worked. I fell in love that day.Heart