Valued Contributor

Jay King's TS Tyrone turquoise necklace and earrings

I bought these two items and both have to be returned.  I LOVED the turquoise.  The necklace came broken and the earrings had one turquoise stone that had a hole in it.  I am so disappointed, but will not try for another.  His items are always so hit or miss.

Honored Contributor

Re: Jay King's TS Tyrone turquoise necklace and earrings

I got the Jerome necklace simply because it's New Mexican and I don't have any.  You never see it in the marketplace.  About 25% of the pieces I've gotten from Jay over the years have arrived broken or having a serious defect.  Mine hasn't come yet.  Hit or miss is right.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

@saltysails wrote:

I bought these two items and both have to be returned.  I LOVED the turquoise.  The necklace came broken and the earrings had one turquoise stone that had a hole in it.  I am so disappointed, but will not try for another.  His items are always so hit or miss.

That is so odd.  I have a number (30 or more) of his pieces and I have never had a problem.  I guess I have been lucky.Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

What a shame!  I was very tempted by the neckace.  Very pretty!  But, I'm watching my budget, and didn't purchase.  

I've only made one purchase from Jay.... a pair of earrings.  They were very pretty.  Loved the stones and design.  BUT one of the earrings came in two pieces.... the ear wire separate from the decorative part.  I was able to fix it, but was very turned off by the lack of quality in the finishing, and I returned the earrings.

Honored Contributor

@saltysails wrote:

@saltysails.   Just got my necklace.  The stones are extremely poor quality, junk they couldn't sell elsewhere, I'd guess.  Almost no matrix (I like a lot) with no resemblance to the samples they showed on T.V..  Minimal silver.  It's packed to return.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

Sorry to hear about your necklace. I feel your disappointment.   I am on a waitlist for the Tyrone turquoise cuff.  I am hoping that I will get one and it will be a good one.  I just loved the Tyrone turquoise.

Respected Contributor

@saltysailsand @Kachina624  Sorry that you received bad items.  I've had good luck from Jay so far.  I did return one item for being sort of lackluster but I've been very pleased with most of them.  That TS necklace was very pretty but I didn't purchase this time.  I have one piece of his in the Tyrone turquoise that is very pretty.