Honored Contributor

Keep Your Ethiopian Opal Ring Dry (Key: away from water and liquids): This is the most important thing to keep in mind when taking care of your Ethiopian opal jewelry (especially opal rings).

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 

I store my welo opals inside a ziploc bag with a small desiccant pack inside with it. 

download.jpg

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee    Sounds like a good idea. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I would never spend a lot of money on opals because they are fragile and several bad things can happen to them if they aren't properly cared for. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Jay King's Necklace

[ Edited ]

Obviously it was my fault.  I simply brought it up as an example of how fragile the colors are in some stones.  Had this been a diamond, sapphire, etc., no damage would have occurred.  The networks run promos all the time about how we must treat some of these stones as if they are "fragile,"  for lack of a better word.  I need "tough" stones.

Edit one:  I didn't do it on purpose, obviously.

Edit two:  I think these companies scoop up the scraps from making other items and turn them into beads.

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

I would never spend a lot of money on opals because they are fragile and several bad things can happen to them if they aren't properly cared for. 

Surprisingly, welo opals are not fragile in the least. They are as durable as quartz.

Respected Contributor

I bought one of each and figured I could keep the one I like the most.  Praying I don't love them both LOL.  I have been working a million hours through this whole COVID thing so if I keep both, I guess its my gift to myself. 

Deb 

Contributor

@SFGIANTSGIRL wrote:

I bought one of each and figured I could keep the one I like the most.  Praying I don't love them both LOL.  I have been working a million hours through this whole COVID thing so if I keep both, I guess its my gift to myself. 

Deb 

Deb...I hope you love them both!  You deserve a special gift for all of your efforts. Sometimes it is a once in a lifetime opportunity.  Let us know how it goes.

Respected Contributor

@SFGIANTSGIRL wrote:

Deb 

Wow...what a wonderful package that will be to open! Please let us know which you prefer....they were both SO outstanding and I drooled over them all day. My hunch is you will end up keeping both. Reward yourself for all the hard work.

Contributor

I lived in Santa Fe... I bought some beautiful jewelry from the natives ..... 

All of Jay King's stuff is made in China!! He mines the stones but then sends it to china for it to be mass produced....

Chaco Canyon has beautiful jewerly all made by the Navajo nation in N.M. 

never will I give him money..... .

at first when he first started some of his things were made in the USA.

No thanks...