Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@shih    Jay King and Carolyn Pollack both have facilities right here in Albuquerque where jewelry is made.  Jay even buys his silver locally.  I once took a broken necklace to Jay's place for repair.  Before I got home, they'd called to say it was ready. 

I think it's disgraceful that the Chaco Canyon group has plagerized the name of one of America's most prominent historical sites and is peddling cheap-looking jewelry under that name.  Now that product looks like it was made in China!  It looks factory made. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor
Opal was my mother’s birth stone. She believed it was bad luck for anyone not born in October to wear an opal. So, I’ve never owned one and to this day I still can’t bring myself to buy one. Mama is watching!😂
Never underestimate the power of kindness.
Valued Contributor

Just happened to find my way to the forum tonight, and thought I would say hello, @Kachina624!  Hope all is well!!

Honored Contributor

@AliJoi5    Where on earth have you been?  Ladies, Ali has the most gorgeous turquoise collection in the world and her CP collection and pictures of it are unsurpassed.  I keep a photo of that huge crescent-shaped Larimar close by to admire.  I think about you so often and wondered if something happened to you, or maybe just busy?   I'm so glad you checked in; sit and stay awhile. 

@patbz   I wish you could see this lady's CP collection. 

Valued Contributor

Aww that is such a lovely thing to say, @Kachina624.  I missed you all.  How are you, my friend?  I imagine your beautiful collection of bling has grown substantially since last we spoke.  Smiley Very Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 :  I wish I could see her collection ( and yours!).

Honored Contributor

@AliJoi5    I've been pretty much fine, no disasters to speak of.  I really haven't bought much the past few years.  No place to wear it you know plus it occurred to me that I'm aging and have no heir interested in inheriting it so what the point?

Our big news is that Qurate Retail got a new CEO who, on his first day, threatened to close the boards.  We inundated him with emails and he relented but we feel it's temporary.  So we set up a new QVC board on Proforums (write that down).  Many are posting at both places.

So what have you been doing and I must see your latest scquisition? If you have your CP pics on file, could you post a couple for Pat.  She's a huge fan.  She buys a lot of Indian jewelry too... goes to the Indian Fair in Santa Fe.  We are both fans of Alex Sanchez.

How is this?  Ali's museum specimen Larimar

1. Screenshot_20211028-213045_Amazon Photos.jpg
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 I saw the presentations and it was beautiful but too expensive for me at this point. 

I hope the people who bought it really enjoy wearing it.

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 Wow that is a fabulous museum piece, thanks for sharing the photo of her Larimar. Absolutely love it. 

I have enjoyed the photos you've shared of your wonderful turquoise collection.

Respected Contributor
If this helps, I heard it’s bad luck for anyone not born in October to wear Opal! I keep telling myself that!
Never underestimate the power of kindness.