Valued Contributor

I bought the new multi color round bead amber necklace that aired late last night.  I did look at the discription before ordering and it is NOT compressed amber. 

Esteemed Contributor

@saltysails, that was a beautiful necklace. Enjoy it and wear it in good health

Super Contributor

I agree. I have a lot of his older pieces, but haven't purchased much over the last few years. Combination of me retiring and the quality of his pieces going down and his prices going up.  Of course, I feel the same way about several other jewelry lines - including Carolyn Pollack and Robert Lee Morris. So glad I purchased from these lines years ago when the quality was great and prices were much more reasonable.

Honored Contributor

I bought a little  cuff of flexible silver with your choice of a couple small stones in it. They have 30% off right now and I chose the rhodrocrosite (pink) stone. Never seen flexible silver before. Only like 40.00

Respected Contributor

@CHIP62  please do a review of that necklace.  I almost ordered it. It looked really stunning. 

I have quiete a few of his pieces and have been pleased.  Most of the ones I have are not large and chunky.  You can often catch his items on sale on HSN.  

Respected Contributor

While I am not drawn to his latest offerings, I do have several Jay King necklaces. I especially love a faceted amethyst torsade with silver beads that I purchased from him many years ago, along with a couple of petrified wood necklaces: one 18" with a large pendant on larger chunky wood "stones", and the other a double-stranded 36"necklace. I also have a banded agate bead necklace which has interesting striations, and a copal (young amber) necklace with an ombre look to it.  When the stones used for a particular piece are of optimal color, and interesting shape, his necklaces can be quite lovely.

Contributor

I enjoy watching his shows. Very educational. I like the stones he presents and his description of where that stone was mined and how. I don’t like his large, chunky necklaces or rings. However he brings a large variety to please most tastes. I have many of his necklaces and enjoy wearing them. I try to buy them on clearance.

Contributor

I love listening to Jay King stories and love his stuff.  I  just buy errings and brackets and just had to send two back,  I have 8 inch wrist.

I ordeed a brasket and look forwared to gettingit.  It is a adjustable one.  

Esteemed Contributor

@LindaSal: I think his company, Desert Rose, is located in Albuquerque; why don't you contact them about a replacement earring?

Valued Contributor

I received the amber necklace and the rhodochrosite and turquoise cuff and both are winners.  His items ( for me ) are hit or miss as far as the stones go.  This cuff is just beautiful.