Honored Contributor

I enjoy watching his shows....but, lately some of his pieces are really unattractive to the point of ugly. The designs remind me of jewelry of the Flintstones era....I.E. Wilma Flintstone....

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Jay King on HSN

[ Edited ]

Funny that you should mention that. That's the exact same description that I have used when speaking of his pieces. They remind me of "The Flintstones". My aunt who is a fan of his work informed me that he makes bold pieces. Ok, I will stick with my original description. Fred & Wilma Flintstone.

Honored Contributor

Never cared for his line.

Honored Contributor

Jay's jewelry has always been all about the rocks.  It appeals to those who have an appreciation of the natural beauty of the rocks.  I don't see so much I like in his offering nowadays as I used to when he had his large pendants on beads at affordable prices.  I have many of those pieces.  He rarely if ever sell natural turquoise, which I wouldn't buy.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

I own one of his necklaces. Very simple, 3 chunky turquoise beads separated by two rings of silver on a thick leather cord. I get lots of compliments on it. 

Trusted Contributor

@SeaMaiden,

I totally agree, find his shows educational however his line is not my style. I bought a citrine necklace for everyday use, now I will see how it is🌻in person.

Honored Contributor

@CHIP62 wrote:

@SeaMaiden,

I totally agree, find his shows educational however his line is not my style. I bought a citrine necklace for everyday use, now I will see how it is🌻in person.

@CHIP62  That is lovely.  Some of his smaller  more feminine pieces are nice.  I own a citrine necklace I bought many years ago. Love citrine! Enjoy!

Esteemed Contributor

@CHIP62, I love it. I think that will work beautifully with collared button shirts. Just peeking through making a statement. 

Honored Contributor

I'm a rock collector.

If they are natural stones, I love them big & chunky.

I ordered the aqua ring, the big rectangle one in silver.

Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden I was watching too yesterday!   I do agree with you however, the pieces are not as nice as in the past.   It is fun to watch though and I've got several pretty necklaces by him.  My favorite being the Color of Kingsman turqoise, I love it.   But the last turqoise earrings I bought ended up having a crack in them which I did not notice but my husband did long after the original purchase.   Now I am hesitant.