Honored Contributor

Jay King TS on HSN Amber and Turquoise necklace.

It is lovely!  I have a piece almost like it or I would purchase it.  I have just too much jewelry  now and will not purchase any more.    

Valued Contributor

Re: Jay King TS on HSN Amber and Turquoise necklace.

Jay said the TS was amber nuggets, all natural and turquoise nuggets.  Well, the description on line says pressed amber chips and turquoise chips, so which is it?  I really don't want any pressed amber.

Super Contributor

@saltysails wrote:

Jay said the TS was amber nuggets, all natural and turquoise nuggets.  Well, the description on line says pressed amber chips and turquoise chips, so which is it?  I really don't want any pressed amber.

@saltysails - I watched some of the 4:00 -5:00 (Eastern) show and Jay said the amber wasn't pressed amber ... but I'd already read the online description which says it is pressed amber. Very confusing. I'm guessing it is pressed amber and that's why they're able to offer the necklace at that price.

The necklace is very pretty, but I'm with you ... don't want pressed amber.

This was the first time I'd noticed pressed amber mentioned in the description of his amber pieces.

If he's going to be offering compressed turquoise and pressed amber ... I'll be happy with the pieces I purchased over the years and not be buying any of the new pieces.

Trusted Contributor

The necklace is stabilized turquoise and pressed amber.   If you don't know what pressed amber is please check on a reputable amber website.  Just search "pressed amber".   You might change your mind.  

I purchased a similar waterfall necklace years ago.  Before purchasing I checked both stabilize turquoise and pressed amber to find out exactly what they meant.  I did make the purchase.  I have enjoyed my necklace over the years and have received many compliments.   It still looks the same as the day I bought it.

Esteemed Contributor

I watched the Jay King presentation (the first one) and the necklace is very pretty. You would never guess that the amber or turquoise was stabilized or manufactured in some way. They were showing amber chips and turquoise chips that were loose stones on air. They never mentioned anything about stabilized stones at all on air.

Honored Contributor

Several years ago QVC produced one show of untreated made in America gemstones in silver.  I bought a turuoise pendant because the mine had a name the same as ours.  (Any excuse to buy jewelry, you know)  Now that piece shows many cracks, I wish it HAD been stabilized. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Gram W thanks for the advice on checking out the information on pressed amber.  Very interesting and not nearly as offputting as I first thought.

I ordered the necklace and I'll wait unti I receive it to decide if it is a keeper or not.  If I like it, then I'll keep it!

Valued Contributor

When Jay made one of the presentations of the TS he mentioned that some amber is pressed and he made it sound like that was not such a good thing.  He implied that this TS was NOT pressed.  Does he not know what he is selling or is he out and out lying to us. 

Respected Contributor

I thought it was a very pretty and unusual necklace.  I passed on purchasing this one but I have several Jay King pieces that I love. I did order a Lapis necklace this weekend that has already shipped out to me.

My experience with his line has been good overall.  I have sent back 1 or 2 necklaces though because they didn't look like what was presented on TV.

Trusted Contributor

@saltysails wrote:

When Jay made one of the presentations of the TS he mentioned that some amber is pressed and he made it sound like that was not such a good thing.  He implied that this TS was NOT pressed.  Does he not know what he is selling or is he out and out lying to us. 

While I used to like Jay's presentations - there have been several times where he was just WRONG.  There was a distinctly layered 'stone' - red, yellow, orange, green - ect.  that he was selling that was found to actually be layers of old car paint.   SMH