Honored Contributor
I just received this necklace after Jay's recent visit. It's 318-446, and I am so crazy about it that I just have to mention it. It's a series of large randomly shaped silver connecting circles which give a very boho chic sort of look the way they fall on the neck inside a V or scoop neckline. About half way to the back they connect to some small lapis beads. I don't know if they ever presented it; I never saw it. I'd give it an A+++.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor
I remember it shown! It was lovely! Hope you enjoy it!
Valued Contributor

I will NEVER buy anything again from Jay King. First and last purchase was a ""black agate"" necklace he offered. About a year later I was in my local jewelry store and just for the heck of it I asked the jeweler to give a quick appraisal of the necklace - he told me IT WAS GLASS NOT BLACK AGATE.

That ended my doing any shopping at HSN !!

Super Contributor
On 2/28/2014 shoptheQ said:

I will NEVER buy anything again from Jay King. First and last purchase was a ""black agate"" necklace he offered. About a year later I was in my local jewelry store and just for the heck of it I asked the jeweler to give a quick appraisal of the necklace - he told me IT WAS GLASS NOT BLACK AGATE.

There's a big difference between glass and rock. It seems like you would have noticed that yourself.

Super Contributor

I brought a 14 k necklace in to be repaired once. The gal behind the counter kept telling me it was not 14 k.... it said 14 k right on it from Italy. Finally an older more qualified lady came up and looked at it and said YES IT IS 14 K. The gal who was wrong stumbled on her sorry words... not everyone behind a jewelry counter is knowable... many are paid minimum wage.

Respected Contributor

I like that necklace!Smile I don't really care for anything asymmetrical, so I would probably prefer that that had removed the smallest circle, but it's still very pretty!

I have a lot of Jay's items and usually prefer the smaller items. This visit I bought the larger smoky quartz necklace. It arrived yesterday and it's so pretty. I already have two 36" strands of very small smoky quartz beads, so I think they will all look great together. I tend to wear a lot of brown, so I know I'll get lots of use from this necklace.

Valued Contributor

I am not a gemologist - when Jay King said the necklace was black agate as a buyer ""I trusted him"". The high end jeweler in my area that looked at my necklace was the ""OWNER"" of the store that has been in business for over 25 years and NOT some ""minimum wage worker"".

I was ripped off pure and simple !

Super Contributor

I am not a gemologist - when Jay King said the necklace was black agate as a buyer ""I trusted him"". The high end jeweler in my area that looked at my necklace was the ""OWNER"" of the store that has been in business for over 25 years and NOT some ""minimum wage worker"".

I would have contacted Jay with a written out and verified statement from the jeweler. I am sure Jay would have worked out something with you.

Respected Contributor

I am not a gemologist - when Jay King said the necklace was black agate as a buyer "I trusted him". The high end jeweler in my area that looked at my necklace was the "OWNER" of the store that has been in business for over 25 years and NOT some "minimum wage worker".

{#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

Did you tell this person where you purchased the item before you had them look at it or is it marked as a Jay King item?

I ask because many years ago I had an experience. I took a piece I had purchased from QVC in to my local jeweler to have it appraised just to see if it the Q's suggested retail price was close. This was a well thought of store in my area, owned by a husband and wife. Hubby was in when I went in and told him I had bought it from QVC. He looked at it and told me it was junk, that these "shopping channels" all sell junk real jewelers would never sell. Hmmmm. I kept the item anyway because I thought it was beautiful.

I was wearing the necklace when I went in that store a few weeks later and the wife was in that day, not the hubby. She commented on my necklace so I took it off and gave it to her to look at and asked her if she'd appraise it for me. She checked it out and told me it was a well done piece and her estimate was very close to what QVC had said the retail value was.

Valued Contributor

My recollection is that this necklace was not a Jay King item - he extoled how he had gotten a ""great buy"" on this black agate necklace from someone he knew in the business and he was ""passing on"" this great buy to his HSN customers. Does not take away from the fact that Jay King was selling this fake necklace to the public.

A year later it was not worth my time and effort to go after HSN. Instead I just don't shop there anymore.