Super Contributor
On 5/15/2014 kachina624 said: Jugsie, did you see where Paul Deasy has copied CP's Simply Fabulous necklace? It was available with a choice of three enhancers and he said during the presentation that he plans to offer other stone choices in the future. Made me so mad...I just can't stand that man! He even had matching earrings.

I went and looked. He also copied her ten-strand turquoise torsade.

Frequent Contributor

It DOES seem like HSN gets some on-air doozies. It's like some of the callers chugged three chardonnays and are working on a fourth and then somehow managed to dial the HSN order number.

Valued Contributor
On 5/15/2014 darkpoet said:

It DOES seem like HSN gets some on-air doozies. It's like some of the callers chugged three chardonnays and are working on a fourth and then somehow managed to dial the HSN order number.

So true. I've heard callers say that they waited an hour-plus on the phone to talk to him. I figure that's more than enough time to fortify oneself with some liquid courage.
Super Contributor
On 5/15/2014 kathoderay said:
On 5/15/2014 kachina624 said: Jugsie, did you see where Paul Deasy has copied CP's Simply Fabulous necklace? It was available with a choice of three enhancers and he said during the presentation that he plans to offer other stone choices in the future. Made me so mad...I just can't stand that man! He even had matching earrings.

I went and looked. He also copied her ten-strand turquoise torsade.

{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

"In my life, I've loved them all . . " The Beatles
Honored Contributor

The torsade is sort of a classic that anyone could have. I have Jay's 10-strand torsade and have had it a long time, but the CP Simply Fabulous necklace was a special distinctive design and Paul obviously plagiarized her idea. We were commenting yesterday that he never mentions who designs his jewelry. He thankfully doesn't claim to be a designer so one has to assume he buys his creations at gem shows, probably mostly in China.

His latest is that he's going to have an Indian-made show sometime soon. That ought to be a real hoot. He's also going to have an all-American mined show about June 24th. The trouble with those extravaganzas is that what they bring is such horrible quality. Jay has tried that too and I ordered. Sent everything right back as it was unrecognizable as coming from a particular mine.

This past week-end Jay said his TS exhausted his supply of SB except for some small pieces that could be used for accents. Wanna bet that he reappears with a new supply that he was able to buy from some little old lady who had it in her garage?

Jugsie, you're right about there being different grades of SB. That naja TSV didn't bear any resemblance to what the boys have sold. Sleeping Beauty would be the easiest thing in the world for a disreputable seller to manufacture. All they need is some chalk turquoise, a resin binder and some dye (Tidee Bowl toilet cleaner is often used) and viola! You've got it.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor
On 5/15/2014 StuffyBug said:
On 5/15/2014 darkpoet said:

So true. I've heard callers say that they waited an hour-plus on the phone to talk to him. I figure that's more than enough time to fortify oneself with some liquid courage.

I watch mostly late-night/early a.m. Some of the callers give new meaning to ""midnight madness""................

♥Surface of the Sun♥