Reply
Respected Contributor
Posts: 4,736
Registered: ‎04-10-2012

Just watching Jane's jewelry show this afternoon and just amazed at how many "experts"  they are presenting....Stacy (gold expert), Erin ( Diamonique expert) Jeff M. (gem expert) Matthew (gem expert) ..........................and Jane

did say Peyton (gem expert ) would be in one of her future shows................i don't mind hearing some information on the different offerings.........but this many experts in one show seems a bit overboard....

Honored Contributor
Posts: 57,487
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

I don't know how we ever got along with just one person....the host.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 5,919
Registered: ‎03-16-2010

Perhaps QVC marketing strategists feel that the jewelry presented during shows not dedicated to a specific brand comes across as more prestigious if there is someone being touted as an expert singing the praises of the pieces. 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 28,942
Registered: ‎05-17-2010

@Trix wrote:

Perhaps QVC marketing strategists feel that the jewelry presented during shows not dedicated to a specific brand comes across as more prestigious if there is someone being touted as an expert singing the praises of the pieces. 


 

 

@Trix  Doesn’t make it more appealing to me. Lots of confusion w/ co-hosts rotating in & out of other seat.

 

Super Contributor
Posts: 282
Registered: ‎07-26-2013

Sometimes it's too much switching guests in and out. I agree.

 

Question: who is Matthew? I don't think I've seen him.

tia!

 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 17,134
Registered: ‎03-14-2010

Not that she isn't lovely, but do we really need a DMQ expert?  I think they have all these "experts" for the sake of the presentations.  Rather than have a host yammering on for five minutes about a product, they have a conversation about the product, which the Q feels holds the attention of the audience better.  And that equals more sales.

~ It helps if you imagine Auto Correct as a tiny little faerie in your phone who's trying so hard to be helpful, but is in fact quite drunk. ~
Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 5,919
Registered: ‎03-16-2010

@Shanus wrote:

@Trix wrote:

Perhaps QVC marketing strategists feel that the jewelry presented during shows not dedicated to a specific brand comes across as more prestigious if there is someone being touted as an expert singing the praises of the pieces. 


 

 

@Trix  Doesn’t make it more appealing to me. Lots of confusion w/ co-hosts rotating in & out of other seat.

 


 

@Shanus You make a good point and I tend to agree with you.  I was doing some assuming as to what the QVC marketing folks may have convinced the powers that be made the better impression for increasing sales.  Multiple guests representing the products in shows not dedicated to one brand is the normal for kitchen, fashion and beauty, and home and garden shows, so it's not the worst idea to try it out for a jewelry hour. 

 

Off topic, they should get rid of the chaise used for Jane and the guests.  That thing wobbled more than once from movement. 

Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,253
Registered: ‎03-15-2010

@Kachina624 wrote:

I don't know how we ever got along with just one person....the host.


LOL!

Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,253
Registered: ‎03-15-2010

QVC thinks they need an "expert" for Diamonique? How do you need an "expert" for fake stones? They sure must think we're dumb and maybe they're right--a lot of people buy it and think it's just the cat's meow.

Super Contributor
Posts: 265
Registered: ‎08-19-2010

What is with the wierd lighting and music and black leather jackets?  Seems QVC is trying to be very hip and it's just coming across as wierd to me.  Guess I'm not hip enoughSmiley Happy  It would be a little more believable with a younger host.  Jane is great but not in this setting.  Just my opinion.