Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Re: James Avery or Brighton??

I purchased a few items from James Avery over the years...great quality....would def recommend them...

Respected Contributor

Tks everyone, I was leaning to JA. I  am not really that familiar with Brighton, except I was given a bracelet last year, but have never worn it. It is a bangle & HUGE on my arm & afraid I will loose it. It was a gift when my mom died, or I would sell it,lol.... I also bought 1 pr of earring off Ebay & they seemed very cheap.

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

James Avery. I'm not fond of "religious" jewelry of which that line has quite a bit, but they also have other styles. Their quality is EXCELLENT!

Honored Contributor

The old James Avery pieces were very heavy,  solid sterling. The newer is lighter weight,  too much emphasis on religious themes not nearly as nice quality and very much over-priced. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

❤️ James Avery.

Have collected quite a few of their pieces over the years for myself as well as gifts.

They also stand behind their work. even though I really do not think I have ever had any problems. My daughter never has either.

I think they do have excellent craftsmanship. And, their staff is usually very helpful and efficient.

-Texas Hill Country-
Respected Contributor

I have a ton of Brighton jewelry, mostly bracelets, and a few necklaces and earrings. I love the durability and design. I have never had a tarnish problem nor had a plating wear off. I have used a wallet continuously for 4 years and it looks brand new. Their customer service is superior. 

If you have had quality problems I recommend contacting Brighton customer service. It can't hurt and they may be able to rectify the issue.

Valued Contributor

James Avery, hands down.

I do have Brighten jewelry that I wear regulary and enjoy. I've never had any problems with it. But JA jewelry is so much nicer.

Honored Contributor

Never had any Avery but lots of Brighten and quite a bit bought in the 90's and still wear and look great.  They are so well made.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

**UPDATE** I bought myself the JA "Joy of my Heart" ring today!! I love it!!

Merry Christmas to me,lol...

Valued Contributor

@TX-starlight wrote:

**UPDATE** I bought myself the JA "Joy of my Heart" ring today!! I love it!!

Merry Christmas to me,lol...

Very nice! I'm familiar with the Joy of My Heart line and that ring is very lovely! Wear it in good health!   Woman Very Happy