Super Contributor

I have a kind of dumb question but i purchased the small paw enhancer/charm on silver day. Just got it today and for the life of me i can not figure out how to open it to but on my charm bracelet. I feel really stupid having to ask. Thanks in advance. Oh and its from JAI. I forgot to mention it. J357765 Thamks.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Jai paw charm

[ Edited ]

@plc123 It looks as if there's a safety catch in the back that you would unlock by pullling down and then the snap hinge bail would attach to your bracelet.  Maybe check out the video for help.

Respected Contributor

@plc123  if you look at the backside of the charm on the bale(thats the rounded part that you open) there is a small lever looks like a infinity sign with a little ball on it. that's the clasp/hinge. it "snaps" up. and you should be able to open it.  if that wasn't clear,  on bring up the photo of the charm you bought and click on the last photo that shows the backside of it. after you click the clasp, the bale will "open" 

hope that makes sense to you.

Respected Contributor

Re: Jai paw charm

[ Edited ]

@plc123 It is a two part locking system.  First you will see the figure 8 outer lock.  Flick it open.  Then below that you flick up the lower portion which opens the bale.  Heard to describe.  I knew because i have watched so many presentations where they demo it.  Go to the large elephant videos J351699 about three quarters toward the end and Mary D. shows the locking system.  When you close the bail the first part should click securely, and then you place the firgure 8 up and over and it will click over the little ball.

Esteemed Contributor

@plc123  Be certain that the clasp isn’t loose the safety clasp is there in case it doesn’t work. I just received the large enhancer and the clasp doesn’t work securely at all ,only the safety. At 20.3 g I’m returning itas defective for another.

Super Contributor

Thanks to all of you!!

Valued Contributor

Do you like your charm?  i bought the paw ring.  Haven't rec'd it yet, but I live in the boonies, so my mail is always late.

Super Contributor

So far. I put it on a link bracelet and i am wearing it around the house. Some of the reviews said the clasp was not very good so i thought wearing around the house would be good in case it falls off. I have the ring on advanced order. It will shipped the end of the month.

Respected Contributor

@plc123 wrote:

So far. I put it on a link bracelet and i am wearing it around the house. Some of the reviews said the clasp was not very good so i thought wearing around the house would be good in case it falls off. I have the ring on advanced order. It will shipped the end of the month.

Was the bail lock secure?  Did it take some effort to open it? When you locked it around the chain did it click?  Did it feel tight?   If yes, and if you then locked the figure 8 lock over the little ball with a click, you should be good.