Contributor

Would someone please remind me how Scott suggested we clean his silver pieces.

Valued Contributor

would like to hear this as well.

Respected Contributor

With a silver polishing cloth I would imagine.  His pieces are oxidized so using any kind of liquid or ultrasonic cleaner would not be recommended.  JMO.

If you are on Facebook, you could go to Scott Grimes QVC and ask him. 

Respected Contributor

@dotgirl wrote:

Just use a silver polishing cloth and most importantly keep your silver in anti tarnish containers or felt pouches.  I have silver jewelry that is 50 yrs old and properly stored you just have to touch it up now and then.  My mother had a silver beverage service that we cleaned several times a year because it was displayed.  I don’t remember exactly how we did it, but it involved the sink, rubber gloves and then a paste polish.  

Honored Contributor

@dotgirl wrote:

@dotgirl   Any silver that’s oxidized should not be cleaned with a silver paste or any cleaning solution. A polishing cloth meant for silver should be sufficient.

Contributor

Thanks to all for your recommendations. Will be using a silver cleaning cloth.

Super Contributor

Re: Jai jewelry

[ Edited ]

With my John Hardy jewelry that I purchased at Saks, they recommended the Kiehl's corriander liquid soap.  I use it all the time and it really cleans all my silver jewelry very nicely.  I then keep it in the pouches that they came in.  Hope that helps.

Contributor

I'm thinking a little liquid soap and water.  I'm afraid that the polishing cloth might remove the oxidation.  I will try asking Scott the question.