Valued Contributor

Jai anniversary - what a disappointment

I was really disappointed in the lack of hyped new that were not presented on tsv day May 12 and also the incredibly low number of JAI shows - kinda wondering what the deal was.  I follow JAI on FB and for several days leading up to yesterday many new items were shown to entice, but they were never presented nor were they on line.  This is unusual and I am kinda wondering what the deal was the lack of JAI shows and new JAI?

Honored Contributor

Re: Jai anniversary - what a disappointment

I don't think the items got shipped.   Many reasons possible.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

My favorite Jai pieces are the 2-tone mixing gold and silver.  This visit however I was very disappointed to see the incredibly high prices of such pieces. For example J421766 is a beautiful box chain gemstone necklace with just a frame of 14k around the gem and it's priced at over a thousand dollars!  I have several Jai necklaces & do appreciate the weight and quality of the gems but at that price I'd probably buy a piece of David Yurman if I was really interested.  I think the original Jai box chain gemstone necklace in all sterling was around $250 & it's beautiful in the 2 colors I have.  The markup today in a slightly different version is over the top!  I think in the past May used to be "gold month" at QVC.  With the current inflated prices of silver, gem & gold I don't foresee much gold programming ahead unless they want to do a "clearance" show to reduce old inventory.

Honored Contributor

Re these ridiculous prices on JAI and some of the clothing items:  It just gives QVC the room to run myriad promotions and still end up making a profit.  I'll tell you what fries me, maybe four times I have bought a JAI item and almost immediately they will promote a deep discount.  I have never been one to call and ask for an adjustment, I figure it's just part of the shopping game.  And game it is.