Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@faeriemoon @i have similar shopping habits, but, if the large elephant enhancer goes on sale I will be on it!

Honored Contributor

@Shawnie   That makes two of us!!!

Valued Contributor

I do not believe that Scott was offended, he simply and graciously wanted to offer an explanation, which I found useful since I did not know about the shows on Tuesday and Thursday on the main channel.  Thank you for the clarification @Olivesdad.

Esteemed Contributor

Now that I've completed my lion and leopard suites, I'm looking forward to that eagle cuff/bangle. One day the basketweave bangle will be mine too!

Valued Contributor

I was disappointed that Jill’s evening show didn’t have a few of the new things in it but I guess they were still pushing the big deal. 

I’ve already ordered my eagle cuff. I’ve been wearing the eagle necklace non-stop for a few weeks now. I absolutely love it; I think it might be my favorite Jai piece so far. Lots of men have complimented it which is unusual for me.

I don’t wear matching sets so it will be great to be able to take this necklace off for a change and put the eagle on my wrist instead!

I prefer to wear little twinkly bits of gold in the summer, rather than silver, but I keep looking. Always, winter is coming.

Honored Contributor

I liked the Jai line when it started on Q. I even have a few cuffs. He needs to broaden his horizons & come up with new designs. They seem repetitive and the shows are beginning to be boring. 

Valued Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

I liked the Jai line when it started on Q. I even have a few cuffs. He needs to broaden his horizons & come up with new designs. They seem repetitive and the shows are beginning to be boring. 

I think there are two aspects - 1) the line is going in two different directions to appeal to many as possible and 2) it capitalizes on what’s been popular in previous shows.

So on the one hand we have the John Hardy diffusion type of jewelry and on the other what I think of as the Hallmark type (which is influenced by the designer’s georgeous children). To me, this is almost two different lines of jewelry. I think the box chains are the thing that bridges these two lines.

Then you add in the aspect of extracting every last thing from a successful design, as you’d expect from any popular line

This can mean, for example, if you’re not the Hallmark type of shopper, then a dozen variations of the hand-heart design or ‘live laugh love’ sentiments get very samey.

Similarly, if that sweet nostalgia line is your thing then a dozen variations of an animal design may not be for you.

As an aside, lots of people say they don’t like the figurative animals but they don’t seem to be buying many of the step-down John Hardy type texture bracelets (like Jill’s) either. If he actually did a dragon-scales bracelet, as you’d think people would really want, I’m not sure all that many people would buy it. The croco and feather bracelets didn’t seem to do that well, surprisingly. I didn’t like the crocodile but the feather (India/peacock) was really good,

I think you’re always going to have that not-for-me aspect with this now divergent line. But if this keeps it alive for all of us, whatever camp we’re in, then I’m very happy with it. It’s still a newish line, it’s still evolving and finding its feet. It was only a few years ago it was all Balinese designs. I have to admit I was a little disappointed when it started down the Hallmark route but it’s only one aspect, it’s in balance, and I’m happy it pleases a lot of people.

I think Scott is doing a great job. Some of his designs, like the koi cuff, have been extraordinary. 

Honored Contributor

Let me chime in and say to anyone who is listening, I'D BE ALL OVER A DRAGON SCALES RING OR BRACELET!!!!!!

I don't like the "Hallmark" corny stuff.    

Super Contributor

I wasn't tempted at all this visit.  Animals, feathers, glaciers are just not for me.  I love his pieces with the 14k gold.  I have just about every piece he offered in the trellis collection.  I have many lotus pieces, and I now am collecting the hammered gold pieces. I like his classic, feminine pieces better than the large, nature pieces.  Every woman has her own style, and Scott seems to appeal to many women with differing tastes and styles.  

Respected Contributor

@Kcubed wrote:

I wasn't tempted at all this visit.  Animals, feathers, glaciers are just not for me.  I love his pieces with the 14k gold.  I have just about every piece he offered in the trellis collection.  I have many lotus pieces, and I now am collecting the hammered gold pieces. I like his classic, feminine pieces better than the large, nature pieces.  Every woman has her own style, and Scott seems to appeal to many women with differing tastes and styles.  

i agree nothing for me in the Alaska collection, equestrian or the “Hallmark” collections. Trellis collection is before JAI was on my radar.  Could you post pictures?