Respected Contributor

Re: Jai John Hardy listings on Ebay

i still do not know what the issue is?

~~who/what is responsible for your joy? YOU!~~
Honored Contributor

My issue is whether John Hardy owns JAI and therefore is the reason for that name on the JAI descriptions.  I have one piece from the original offerings on QVC.  The inside is stamped A by JH.  That stood for Angela, the lines original spokesperson.  I honestly don't remember the official name of the line.  All I know is Angela was a very nice person but a bit low wattage for a spokesperson.  I think there is or was a fear of people who had paid several hundred or even thousands for John Hardy pieces.  How do they react?  Remember those bracelets Jill used to wear?  They were very expensive gifts from her husband.  

Respected Contributor

the jai line is stamped jai

jai panther bracelet7.jpg

~~who/what is responsible for your joy? YOU!~~
Honored Contributor

I recall it originally being called "Jai by John Hardy".

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@depglass  My old boss used to say "whatever the market will bear"

Esteemed Contributor

John Hardy got sold some time ago, but the new owners still make the brand in Bali and sell it.  It is very nice, but pricy.

JAI by John Hardy is "exclusive to QVC" and made in Thailand.

You get what you pay for.

Valued Contributor

I'm in the middle of throwing away all the cardboard jewelry boxes in which QVC ships their jewelry.

I've got a big pile of JAI boxes and green interior soft drawstring bags and all the early ones are labelled 'JAI by John Hardy' on both boxes and bags. 

So yes, while they don't market the brand this way no, I think it's forgivable on EBay. It's not technically accurate labelling for the later pieces but it's not a big stretch and the underlying truth is there.