Honored Contributor

Jai John Hardy listings on Ebay

How can they get away with this, or am I missing something?  Prices are no better either.  

Respected Contributor

Re: Jai John Hardy listings on Ebay

[ Edited ]

how can they get away with what?

i currently have 2 jai items on 5 selling platforms.

~~who/what is responsible for your joy? YOU!~~
Honored Contributor

Get away with what?  EBay is a perfectly legit place to resell stuff you don't want and sell it for whatever someone is willing to pay for it.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I am talking about using "John Hardy" in JAI listings.  Are these two connected or not?  I have nothing against selling jewelry for whatever the traffic will bear on Ebay.  I used to do it myself years ago.  

Trusted Contributor

@depglass JAI is a line of sterling silver jewelry from the artisans at John Hardy.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@depglass   When the brand was first introduced at QVC it was clearly described as an affordable offshoot of the John Hardy brand since Scott Grimes was indicated as one of their designers.  I own a couple of pieces of the actual John Hardy brand and mix my Jai pieces with them all the time.  As long as the Ebay piece is described as Jai John Hardy and not just as a John Hardy then there's no problem in my opinion.

My favorite are the two-tone pieces.  Jai uses 14k & John Hardy uses 18K.  The weight is nice in both lines.  Good quaity & wear like iron!

Esteemed Contributor

Prices on many items sold on eBay have gone way up, and shipping by USPS is vey high.. Buying almost nothing there anymore. Shopping small and local.

Honored Contributor

What I know best about prices is that when there is no law involved setting the price, the right price is what the seller and the buyer agree upon.  I do think sellers have at least an implied responsibility to be honest, but I can't imagine the seller legally has to offer a bargain.  Buyers will let the sellers know when the prices are wrong. 

Honored Contributor

There is one thing my Econ 101 instructor drilled into our heads:  The Law of Supply and Demand determines prices in a free market.  

Honored Contributor

When the brand first came to QVC, wasn't it branded as "JAI John Hardy" or "JAI by John Hardy"?

It didn't start out here as just JAI like it is now.

Could it be those pieces that people are selling?