Honored Contributor

Before this thread gets poofed, I'd like to say this line is JAI QVC, not JAI John Hardy.  if John Hardy has anything to do with this current line shown on QVC I will buy you lunch.  The few pieces I have are excellent quality.  

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I agree, JAI QVC is excellent quality!  I will buy something I love and wear it and maybe a year down the road I may decide to sell it on eBay as I've sold there since 2003.  Most eBay buyers appreciate the original designer packaging and request it.  If I don't have it, I have to declare that in the listing or I get a lot of questions.  So packaging can be important to many of us for different reasons.... 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

@depglass wrote:

Before this thread gets poofed, I'd like to say this line is JAI QVC, not JAI John Hardy.  if John Hardy has anything to do with this current line shown on QVC I will buy you lunch.  The few pieces I have are excellent quality.  

It was INTRODUCED as JAI John Hardy.  As time has passed they have used the John Hardy name less and less.  It probably is JAI QVC now, but it didn't used to be... 

Honored Contributor

I purchase a beautiful bracelet, on sale over the holiday.

It arrived wrapped in tissue, inside a plastic bag, inside a velvet-like bag, in a Jai box, and with a romance card.

Really pretty.  Wonder why all the differences?

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

II purchase a beautiful bracelet, on sale over the holiday.

It arrived wrapped in tissue, inside a plastic bag, inside a velvet-like bag, in a Jai box, and with a romance card.

J363669

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

Never received a romance card with any of my Jai purchases.

Honored Contributor

@Drythe  I thought that bracelet was beautiful.  (And it looks very John Hardy.)  Had it been a bangle and not a cuff I would have been all over it.

Enjoy!

Honored Contributor

@Sweetiekitty wrote:

So if you think shopping channel jewelry is trash, why are you here?

You do not have to shop at the Q. to be a part of the forums.  I stopped shopping with them in 2011.

As far as the packaging I think some of it is subjective to the individual employee packing the item.  Just like gift wrapping at Department stores back in the day.  Some just give a little more "pretty" than others.  But still I still have all my Judith Ripka and Affinity boxes for storage.  Plastic bags just do not cut it for some items.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

@Shawnie wrote:

@Drythe wrote:

Never received a romance card with any of my Jai purchases.

@Shawnie  I have several JAI pieces of jewelry and I have never gotten a romance card either.

Honored Contributor

Re: Jai Jewelry

[ Edited ]

@faeriemoon wrote:

@Drythe  I thought that bracelet was beautiful.  (And it looks very John Hardy.)  Had it been a bangle and not a cuff I would have been all over it.

Enjoy!

@faeriemoon 

May I tempt you?

It is beautiful, and runs a bit large.  I have bird bones so purchased the small.  It is sturdy enough that I was able to gently squeeze, starting from the top, and easily shape it into a ‘round’ with both ends fully touching.  It holds shape perfectly.

You might give it a shot... humm?

P.S.   My jeweler / master goldsmith / GIA  who is no slouch, said immediately, on sight, ’Hardy does such great work.’  He did reshape my rounding work a bit,  just with his hands, no heat or tools. So, now it is closed, and snug.

Best to you