Honored Contributor

I bought a JAI bracelet in early fall to save for DH's present to me.  Saves him so much time.  LOL.  JAI box.  Could it be returns are packaged in generic boxes?  If you send something back, could you please include the original box?  

Trusted Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

It's just a box with name on it.  Made of the same thing -- cardboard.  

yes but, if you are giving a gift to someone thats a desighner piece, it would be nice to give it in the box with their label on it. thats what makes it a desighner piece.

Respected Contributor

Re: Jai Jewelry

[ Edited ]

@depglass wrote:

I bought a JAI bracelet in early fall to save for DH's present to me.  Saves him so much time.  LOL.  JAI box.  Could it be returns are packaged in generic boxes?  If you send something back, could you please include the original box?  

This is not a returns issue.  It is a warehouse issue.  Items are stored in the little plastic bags and then are boxed when order is received.  

Same thing happened almost a year ago i think.

Honored Contributor

@depglass wrote:

@depglass  I purchased a brand new to the Q piece that was introduced in one of the JAI Christmas shows.  It arrived in the Qrappy packaging.  I mentioned on another thread that if it had been a gift for anyone other than myself I would have returned it.  I would have been embarrassed to give it to someone if it hadn't been in the designer packaging. After all, it's supposed to be JAI John Hardy (but in reality it's seeming more like JAI QVC.)

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

If jewelry comes in a super fine velvet lined wooden box, I keep the box for presentation purposes.  If it comes in a cardboard generic box with plastic pouches it goes in the recycler.  Rarely do I buy jewelry that comes in the shopping channel's cardboard boxes. Rarely, if ever, does VS and VVS diamond jewelry or quality gemstone jewelry come in cardboard boxes.  Quality, not quantity, is my motto from every angle.  Jai is a waste of money.  Yes, I'm a snob.

Honored Contributor

@Snowhite714 wrote:

So QVC is back to shipping Jai jewelry in their generic QVC packaging.  Nevermind Kourtney Khondabi made it a point to say that we'd be receiving our pieces in Jai packaging, what gives???

@Snowhite714   $30 Diamonique pieces arrive in their own boxes. Anything from Jai or other designers should be in a velvet pouch to keep it in so it doesn't scratch and a box, at the very least. I deliver my silver pieces in tarnish resistant pouch that also serves as a cleaning cloth. Ordered in the quantity that QVC could, they'd be less than $1 each. I pay $2 each from wholesale jewelry catalogues ordering 100. 

Honored Contributor

@qwarkster wrote:

If jewelry comes in a super fine velvet lined wooden box, I keep the box for presentation purposes.  If it comes in a cardboard generic box with plastic pouches it goes in the recycler.  Rarely do I buy jewelry that comes in the shopping channel's cardboard boxes. Rarely, if ever, does VS and VVS diamond jewelry or quality gemstone jewelry come in cardboard boxes.  Quality, not quantity, is my motto from every angle.  Jai is a waste of money.  Yes, I'm a snob.

I would agree that it is overpriced, but I would disagree that it is a waste of money ( when you buy it "on sale.")

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@qwarkster wrote:

WOW.  Snob or not jumping from what you think about boxes to appropriate diamond quality (Jai doesn't do diamonds) and gemstone jewelry boxes  to "Jai is a waste of money" is at best rude and at the least like trying to jump the Grand Canyon and missing.  While i admit that prices can always be better, my pieces are very well made and i think suit me to a tea.  

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shawnie wrote:

@qwarkster wrote:

WOW.  Snob or not jumping from what you think about boxes to appropriate diamond quality (Jai doesn't do diamonds) and gemstone jewelry boxes  to "Jai is a waste of money" is at best rude and at the least like trying to jump the Grand Canyon and missing.  While i admit that prices can always be better, my pieces are very well made and i think suit me to a tea.  

Look who missed the mark.  Sorry you didn't understand the analogy and my point about quality.  I'm glad you think I should keep my mouth shut just because it differs from your idea of quality.  Jewelry doesn't have to contain diamonds but shopping channel jewelry certainly is not quality merchandise according to my standards.  I will say that Jai jewelry does belong in cardboard boxes.

Contributor

So if you think shopping channel jewelry is trash, why are you here?