Valued Contributor

So QVC is back to shipping Jai jewelry in their generic QVC packaging.  Nevermind Kourtney Khondabi made it a point to say that we'd be receiving our pieces in Jai packaging, what gives???

Esteemed Contributor

Sorry, but, if I'm buying designer jewelry, that jewelry should come packaged appropriately.  These pieces are not inexpensive!

Honored Contributor

It's just a box with name on it.  Made of the same thing -- cardboard.  

Contributor

I agree.  I've purchased a few Jai items for Christmas and they came in a Qvc box. No presentation. They were for me so it didn't really matter...but if they were gifts I would not have been happy.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Jai Jewelry

[ Edited ]

@rms1954 wrote:

@rms1954 

'Back in the day' all QVC jewelry was sent in very nice velvety type, flip open jewelry boxes like jewelry stores use, perfect for gift giving or storing the jewelry in.

Sadly, those days are gone and you're right, now it's just cardboard, no matter what price we're paying for the jewelry.

ETA: I still have some large versions of that type box (similar in size to the one the ruby necklace was in in the 'Pretty Woman' movie) that 14kt gold necklaces came in from the Q.

Glad I saved a lot of them!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@rms1954 wrote:

@rms1954 

'Back in the day' all QVC jewelry was sent in very nice velvety type, flip open jewelry boxes like jewelry stores use, perfect for gift giving or storing the jewelry in.

Sadly, those days are gone and you're right, now it's just cardboard, no matter what price we're paying for the jewelry.

ETA: I still have some large versions of that type box (similar in size to the one the ruby necklace was in in the 'Pretty Woman' movie) that 14kt gold necklaces came in from the Q.

Glad I saved a lot of them!

I had so many it was out of control.  Judith Ripka, Honora, Eterna, Imperial.  And one I particularly liked -- it was a line of jewelry by an acress but I can't remember her name.  It was a wooden box lined in a silky green material.  I threw them all out.  I figured they'd end up in the garbage anyway after I'm gone.

Honored Contributor

@rms1954 

Mine probably will too eventually, but I was glad I saved them to use for jewelry gifts that I buy now, since little plastic zip locks is what Q now considers as packaging for jewelry, 'fine jewelry' or not.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@rms1954 

Mine probably will too eventually, but I was glad I saved them to use for jewelry gifts that I buy now, since little plastic zip locks is what Q now considers as packaging for jewelry, 'fine jewelry' or not.

I've always received jewelry in at least a QVC box.  Never just in a plastic bag.

Honored Contributor

@rms1954 

The pieces I've received in little ziploc type bags were inside of a tan colored, velvety drawstring bag or placed inside a Q box.

A far cry from the jewelry store type boxes.

Honored Contributor

@Snowhite714 wrote:

So QVC is back to shipping Jai jewelry in their generic QVC packaging.  Nevermind Kourtney Khondabi made it a point to say that we'd be receiving our pieces in Jai packaging, what gives???

@Snowhite714I ordered two bracelets and two pairs of earrings and only the earrings had the green Jai box.  The bracelets came in regular QVC boxes and yes, KK stated they would be in the green boxes.