Valued Contributor

Well, I should have known better.  I ordered the 5.3 mm round box chain bracelet.  Within a week of gentle wear, the bracelet fell off my wrist.  Still clasped and broken at that swivel connection.  

Was I aware of the issue before buying?  Yes, but I had another lighter-weight Jai bracelet (with hammered balls) that I have worn every day with no problems.  I am so disappointed because I LOVED my new bracelet.   I know the smart thing to do is return it immediately, accept the $12 s/h costs and call myself lucky it happened as soon as it did and at home where I did not lose it.

I am tempted to get the superglue out. Not keen on getting the side-eye from a local jeweler asking them to repair something so poorly made.  It's embarrassing!

OK, I feel a little better now, just by sharing.

Respected Contributor

@chvall99 wrote:

Well, I should have known better.  I ordered the 5.3 mm round box chain bracelet.  Within a week of gentle wear, the bracelet fell off my wrist.  Still clasped and broken at that swivel connection.  

Was I aware of the issue before buying?  Yes, but I had another lighter-weight Jai bracelet (with hammered balls) that I have worn every day with no problems.  I am so disappointed because I LOVED my new bracelet.   I know the smart thing to do is return it immediately, accept the $12 s/h costs and call myself lucky it happened as soon as it did and at home where I did not lose it.

I am tempted to get the superglue out. Not keen on getting the side-eye from a local jeweler asking them to repair something so poorly made.  It's embarrassing!

OK, I feel a little better now, just by sharing.

What issue were you aware of? Its a detective item. Get a refund. contact QVC Social.

I was issued a full refund for a gold - clad JAI bracelet that turned brown!

Frequent Contributor

OH NO WAY would I pay $12 shipping due to poor quality (QVC).  Call Customer service, tell them it broke, and tell them 'I do NOT expect to pay to return this,' and ask them to put a note in your account.  Check 'damaged/defective' on the return slip.  It worked for me when something broke and I did nothing to make it break.

Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

If you really like it then take it to a jeweler to have it repaired.  Who cares what they think?   I did that with a pair of earrings that I loved.   They were shephard hooks and one of them broke right in half, they put lever backs on them for me, probably cost me what return shipping would cost.  

Honored Contributor

@chvall99    Gluing will not work.  Either return it as defective or ask for an exchange and try another one.  Take the bracelet off at night as moving around in your sleep seems to put stress on bracelets.  I've had many break at night.

Those bracelets are too expensive to not get your money's worth.  You will not have to pay shipping charges.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

@ellaphant Hi there!  I meant the weak clasp.  There were several reviews from those with the bracelet breaking in the same spot mine did.

Valued Contributor

@BeeChee Thanks for the advice.  

Valued Contributor

Thanks, @Kachina624 .  I will return it and mark it as defective so I don't get charged for S/H at least on the return trip.  I did not realize that I would not get charged for a defective item.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@chvall99    They'll also refund your original shipping charges.  You wouldn't be happy with a repaired bracelet and it would never be as sturdy as it should be.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

@Kachina624 Thanks again!  And yes you are right I would not feel happy or confident with a repaired bracelet.  Back it goes!

On the positive side, I got an ultrafine silver wave ring on the same Silver Day and that one is an absolute winner!